Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 forester auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the puny, weak horn on our '19 Forester. Took part of the grill apart, and I can only see one horn on the passenger side behind the grill. Does anybody know if there are two horns, and if so where the second horn is?

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
Not to sound insensitive but did you search the forum first? There’s a few threads already discussing the topic of horns and installation of the Hella Horns.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,798 Posts
I want to replace the puny, weak horn on our '19 Forester. Took part of the grill apart, and I can only see one horn on the passenger side behind the grill. Does anybody know if there are two horns, and if so where the second horn is?

Thanks
newer models - it's in the RH wing area

·
Registered
2019 forester auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to sound insensitive but did you search the forum first? There’s a few threads already discussing the topic of horns and installation of the Hella Horns.
All the information I found was for up to 2018 - I have a 2019

·
Registered
2019 forester auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
newer models - it's in the RH wing area
When you say RH wing area - are you referring to the right side as sitting in the car? Which would make it the passenger side, and that is the horn I found.

I've been messin' with cars for over 60 years but I'm afraid I don't know what a "wing area" is.

·
Registered
2014 Volt
23 Posts
when don1952 mentioned wing area, the first thing that popped into my head was my Dad's 1959 Chevy station wagon. Now that car had wings.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,798 Posts
All the information I found was for up to 2018 - I have a 2019
When you say RH wing area - are you referring to the right side as sitting in the car? Which would make it the passenger side, and that is the horn I found.

I've been messin' with cars for over 60 years but I'm afraid I don't know what a "wing area" is.
when don1952 mentioned wing area, the first thing that popped into my head was my Dad's 1959 Chevy station wagon. Now that car had wings.
Unless it's moved for 2019

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
619 Posts
@1carguy There is only one horn on the 2019.

I plan to install a 4 pack of Hella Sharptones in a week or so. I will post some photos on my journal page when completed. I bought a kit from Subimods. Looks like the kit used for the 2018 Foz will also work on the 2019. Kit includes the horns, bracket and plug and play harness.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
223 Posts
There are two horns on the 2019 Forester. The one you cannot see is near the wheel well on the passenger side. It's hard to see and you must remove the air scoop to feel it.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
223 Posts
I'm trying to install a new horn and cannot locate the trigger wire. Any help??

There is a black wire running to the horn and Blue and Red on the same harness. Seems odd that the black, which is usually ground, is going to the horn.

·
Registered
2002 Forester 5MT, 2020 Forester Touring
123 Posts
There is a black wire running to the horn and Blue and Red on the same harness. Seems odd that the black, which is usually ground, is going to the horn.
Could it be grounded through the bracket attachment to the frame? That would be simpler than splitting off the ground from the harness and having a separate attachment point.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
24 Posts

I plan to install a 4 pack of Hella Sharptones in a week or so. I will post some photos on my journal page when completed. I bought a kit from Subimods. Looks like the kit used for the 2018 Foz will also work on the 2019. Kit includes the horns, bracket and plug and play harness.

@Sdcerreta did you ever do get and install these? I have a 2019 also and am curious not only what you think about the install, but the horns themselves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts