Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.0X AWP
66 Posts
Hi
would it make a difference to the scangauge's accuracy if we input Imperial gallons rather than US gallons? Or is there a separate setting to select which gallon measure applicable?
I was thinking about it and wasn't sure. I'd like to know before I order mine next week.
Cheers!

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,984 Posts
Hi
would it make a difference to the scangauge's accuracy if we input Imperial gallons rather than US gallons? Or is there a separate setting to select which gallon measure applicable?
I was thinking about it and wasn't sure. I'd like to know before I order mine next week.
Cheers!
I run mine using Litres as that is what fuel is supplied in which gives you a "Miles per Litre" read out. Easy enough conversion to MPG.

I use the Blendmount so that it fits above mirror.

Manual attached...........for those wishing to see what can be done with it.

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
It isn't very clear from the instructions but I set mine to gallons and then the first and second times I filled up, corrected the amount of gallons Scangauge says it has used to the actual used. I thinks this then corrects to to imperial mpg. You have to be quite accurate converting the pump litres to gallons and it works better on a large fill.

I did query this with Scangauge but just got a referal back to the instructions.

Tank size set to 11, give a bit off leeway on the "miles to tank empty" reading.

Max

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
I run mine using Litres as that is what fuel is supplied in which gives you a "Miles per Litre" read out. Easy enough conversion to MPG.

I use the Blendmount so that it fits above mirror.

Manual attached...........for those wishing to see what can be done with it.
Good grief! After reading that manual I wonder how you'd ever find time to drive the car!

That mount looks good. Is it easy to detach when you leave the car, or do you not bother? Can you hide the cable berhind the roof lining?

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
That mount looks good. Is it easy to detach when you leave the car, or do you not bother? Can you hide the cable berhind the roof lining?
There's a good thread here on the different places people have put their SG's. The rear view mirror mount appeals to me... but I like the simplicity of the side dash mounted ones too as there's not too much trim to play around with (read "break into little pieces" :icon_frown:).

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,984 Posts
Good grief! After reading that manual I wonder how you'd ever find time to drive the car!

With the Blendmount you get an extension cable and it all goes behind the A pillar and the roof lining.

Scangauge is attached using a plastic pin version of velcro and holds very firm.

Can be left in place as it's rather unobtrusive up there. All depends where you tend to leave your car parked :icon_wink:

An approx driver's eye view....................

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
Ran my car down to the empty mark on the fuel gauge today, just to see how much i can fit in.

45.6 litres!

looks like i have plenty of reserve in the tank if it holds 60litres!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I get about 45 litres in my 03 from the empty mark. 242 miles I got out of a full to empty mark. :icon_sad:
I plan on making a carputer running centrafuse, afaik this has obd stuff built in so I'm going to using that instead if the scangauge, However I don't think the centrafuse stuff can do mpg read-outs.

How many miles can you lot get out of your fozzies?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts