Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 4EAT (sob)
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo... I do not see many Foresters around here. I see Imprezas and Outbacks, and occasionally Foresters, but there are waaay more of the former two where I live.

Weeell... today I drove from the south end to the north end so I could go to the mall to buy my sister shoes... and in the space of about an hour, I saw an INSANE amount of Foresters! First of all, they kept passing by me going the opposite direction. Then I saw parked ones. And ones waiting at intersections as I cruised on through the green light. I'm not sure how many I saw during the drive, but probably like 3 at least.

AND THEN I GOT TO THE MALL AND SAW A FORESTER EXACTLY LIKE MINE. (Which you never see, because everybody in this city seems to hate gold!!!) The other driver didn't even notice me and passed right by me... at a stop sign... :biggrin:

AND THEN I parked and got out and walked by two Foresters just on the way through the parking lot!

And then when I went to work later on I parked next to one!

That was the most abundant quantity of Foresters I have ever seen in this city... So, let's hear it! Do you often see Foresters where you live? How about Foresters exactly like yours?

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
I see about a dozen or more Foresters everyday, not to mention the countless other Subaru's. There's 3-4 just like my old 2001 I had in the area. As far as my 2005, not so much in my color. But plenty of my body style. At every stop light, there is usually at least 1 more Subaru waiting. Sometimes up to 6. The Appalachian Mountains and Rocky Mountains are Subaru Country.

·
Registered
2014 Premuim CVT
104 Posts
I dont see too many here in NYC. when I do, its usually an older forester or outback. Very few 14 Foresters so far, although someone down the block from me just bought a 14 limited a week before I picked up mine.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
366 Posts
In Southern California it depends on what area I'm in. I seem to see more in white collar areas with younger and more educated populations.

The most Subaru's I have ever seen in one place was in Spokane Washington. Even my Hertz Rental car there was an Outback. I remember sitting at a red light on Division Street and every car around me at the light was a Subaru.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
in the span of two blocks from my driveway, there is a 2014, a 2008 and a 2011. There are Foresters and other Subaru models EVERYWHERE in the PNW. There's even a little old lady driving around in a WRB 07-08 Foz XT Sport locally. Go figure.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 4EAT (sob)
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that about 70% of the population around here drives a Honda. Oh, or an F-150. :p The Foz still beats all the Hondas in deep snow though haha. The people down the street from me have a nice white Impreza, and the people two streets over have a black Fozzy XS.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
59 Posts
In the Pacific NW there are **** tons of Subarus, so you see the whole family around. I've even been noticing a fair bit of 14 Foresters, but all 2.5i Premiums really. Only saw 1 Limited, and no XT's.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Limited CVT
41 Posts
Lots of them here in the Western NY snow belt!! The winter weather probably has a lot to do with it.
In the older model years there are a lot more Outbacks than Foresters. In the newer model years there is not so much difference.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium CVT
109 Posts
Subaru definitely seems to have pockets where it's popular. I lived in Indiana and drove a Legacy but rarely saw other Subaru's even though we reguarly had lots of snow.

I flew out to Salt Lake City for work and drove out to Park City, UT for the day. I was amazed to see parking lots in shopping areas where more than 50% of the vehicles were Subarus. I'd laugh as I counted strings of 7 consecutive Subarus parked in a line.

I live now in Charlotte, NC and don't see many Subarus which didn't surprise me, given that the weather here is quite mild. I was surprised to see though, when I drove up into the more mountainous areas, I found tons of Subarus again... Boone, NC really reminded me of Park City.

It's like the secret's gotten out in some places but in other places people are clueless to the value of a Subaru.

In all the areas I think the Forester was nearly the least abundant, second only to the Tribeca which I hardly consider a real Subaru or the Brat ;)

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Not many Subarus here in Oklahoma.

Very few of the are foresters... most of them seem to be Outbacks. See a Legacy or Impreza once in a while and a few WRXs driving around. See a couple BRZs as well.

Not many Foresters though... probably as common as the WRXs.

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
I see lots of subarus! More foresters than outbacks but only by a fairly small margin.. One of my instructors drives a 99 forester, I'm trying to convince him to sell me a part or three!

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
I see lots of everything around here (well, not Tribecas). Subaru's are popular in Canada for obvious reasons. Hatches sell well here, so you see lots of Impreza 5-doors, Outbacks, and Foresters for the CUV-leaning people.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X Auto
317 Posts
I've got two silver two tone 05 twins in my town, and a dozen old SF's driving around. No modders here, most people use the Subaru's as an extra ranch hand

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5 Speed
740 Posts
Theres a matching pair of 06 in red at my highschool (teachers) as well as a blue sg9. Then theres a '10 XT. At college we have about 5 SF's and a few SGs, as well as 3 matching SH's. Then theres a few other SFs scattered about my town.

Sent from my Nexus 4

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
It seems like every 4th or 5th vehicle in my little town of 20k is either a Forester or an Outback, generally SGs but still a lot of SHs and a few SJs. There are three other SH Foresters exactly the same color as mine. One day at a light , three of us were in a line, one behind the other.

Mine is easy to pick out of the bunch ... it's the only one with a bull bar. :bacon:

At my shooting range Saturday there were FIVE Foresters in the parking lot, four of them belonging to range officers.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
412 Posts
I live in NJ, work in the southeast US and visit Denver area often. What I have found is southern NJ likes foresters and outbacks. The punk kids drive the WRX and the older people and families (female drivers mostly) stick to the foz and outback. I could see 6 foresters in a day easy. About 80% are 2010 or newer.
As for the southeast, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, AR, TN (Chatt->Mem), I don't think they know what a Subaru is. I could go an entire week of driving 500 miles and see 1 or two subarus. Its astonishing.
And of course, Denver/Boulder area is a hot bed of Subarus. I was just there this weekend, and at any given point in time I could stop, look around and count 4 or 5 Foresters alone, of all generations. Not to mention outbacks, impreza's, wrx, sti and even Tribecas!!!
It makes perfect sense. Southern NJ is all well to do white people with families and who like to think they are active and sporty but aren't really so Subaru makes sense. Denver/Boulder is all well to do white people in the mountains with active lifestyles so Subaru makes sense. The Southeast US is a vast mix of demographics, but they all fall under categories where Subaru doesn't fit in the same as other areas.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
There are a lot of Subarus in Fairfield County, CT. I don't bother counting how many I see on my way to and from work. I have noticed at times, that I might be in a pack of 3 or more foresters on my way home on 95, variety of models. I see more SH and SG models.

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
About every 4th car I see is a forester it seems. Juneauites are pretty frugal and the forester is the cheapest subaru with high clearance. They're almost all base models. Probably 99%.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts