Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
181 - 191 of 191 Posts
Short answer is no. But the vehicle evap system does turn itself on when needed that does have a draw on the battery.
Also, if you do mostly shorts or a lot of heavy bumper to bumper traffic trips your battery is not be charged during idling by the alternator to save fuel which in turn the battery is not fully charging the battery.

Original battery on my '05 2.5X MT lasted about 9 years

Original battery on the '09 2.5 Premium lasted about 6 year
You have the older design electrial where the alternator is the main power supplier to your system and you are without all the new computer technology which ways heavenly on power needs.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

My OEM one lasted maybe 3 months before I had to replace. Keep in mind that I did have a remote start gps kit installed as well as a aftermarket headunit and an amp. Ended up swapping it out for a Yellowtop Optima.

Hello First Post here. Got my new to me 16 Forester w/31 K on it here last week.
It's about a 9.7 out of a 10.
Anyway the battery which I assume is the OEM is sluggish starting.
Put a pig tail on it this morning for wonderful winter and plugged it into my Battery Minder.

I'm assuming that the OEM is on it's way out.
I keep minder/tenders on when ever any of my vehicles are not driven daily.

I just had the battery replaced in my 2017 Touring today, as it was starting to sound like it was laboring to turn over. I took delivery on 12-19-16, so the original battery lasted 3 years, but I live in the desert, which is really hard on batteries.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.