Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GTI
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven’t been here in several years. About to be a 3rd time Forester owner (will be my 5th Subaru) - but the circumstances are pretty wild.

I bought a 2013 Forester (MT, Premium, Deep Cherry Pearl) new back in 2014...it was my first new car. I loved it and went a little crazy with updates...sound deadening in all doors, upgraded speakers, touchscreen head unit, roof rack, wind deflector, mud flaps, etc. But after a few years I decided to trade it in and get a GTI which was too small and I ultimately got rid of just a year later.

Fast forward to now. I decided to trade in my current wagon for a cheap “beater” while I have no commute and need something more utilitarian for Home Depot/dump runs, moving furniture, beach trips, etc. I started looking at old Honda Elements (used to have one of those too) but they’re overpriced and collectible these days. Started looking at Foresters and SAW MY OLD 2013 FOR SALE!!

It now has 60k more miles and needs a really (really) good detailing, but has new tires, new brakes, shortblock recall done and no rust that I can tell (besides a little surface rust on drivers doorsill). Plus all the upgrades and add-ons I did are still there. Gonna grab it and keep it forever (as a 2nd car, eventually). 1 owner since me, and used for easy highway commute.

So excited to have my first NEW car back, and also the car we brought my first daughter home from the hospital in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Haven’t been here in several years. About to be a 3rd time Forester owner (will be my 5th Subaru) - but the circumstances are pretty wild.

I bought a 2013 Forester (MT, Premium, Deep Cherry Pearl) new back in 2014...it was my first new car. I loved it and went a little crazy with updates...sound deadening in all doors, upgraded speakers, touchscreen head unit, roof rack, wind deflector, mud flaps, etc. But after a few years I decided to trade it in and get a GTI which was too small and I ultimately got rid of just a year later.

Fast forward to now. I decided to trade in my current wagon for a cheap “beater” while I have no commute and need something more utilitarian for Home Depot/dump runs, moving furniture, beach trips, etc. I started looking at old Honda Elements (used to have one of those too) but they’re overpriced and collectible these days. Started looking at Foresters and SAW MY OLD 2013 FOR SALE!!

It now has 60k more miles and needs a really (really) good detailing, but has new tires, new brakes, shortblock recall done and no rust that I can tell (besides a little surface rust on drivers doorsill). Plus all the upgrades and add-ons I did are still there. Gonna grab it and keep it forever (as a 2nd car, eventually). 1 owner since me, and used for easy highway commute.

So excited to have my first NEW car back, and also the car we brought my first daughter home from the hospital in.
WOW I am impressed.

·
Registered
2016 GTI
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picked the car up yesterday! Runs and drives great, and cleaned up well with a quick car wash.

Here’s a picture from yesterday, and a picture from when it was a few months old...

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,486 Posts
Wow!!!!!!! Thats KRAZY. One of the most interesting posts I have ever seen on this board in 14 years I have been here

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
1,045 Posts
Good on you. I am curious about the finances of this. How much did it cost you to buy it back a few years later and how much did you sell it for originally? Love that color.

·
Registered
3 Posts

That is a beautiful car, I can see why you were excited to get it back. How many miles does it have, it still looks new.

·
Registered
2016 GTI
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
114k miles on it now - it had around 50k when I traded it in. The 65k new miles were from a 50 mile daily commute on 2 lane back roads with only a few stoplights - speed limit 50 and very little traffic, so seem like easy miles.

I bought it back for $7500. I forget what I originally got on my trade - I’m sure the financials look terrible for me but I don’t care. Loved the car and never should have gotten rid of it in the first place, but glad to have a chance to buy it back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts