Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pic was taken in Melbourne Australia. Dec 31. '05. 44 degrees Celcuis.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
03 2.5X 5MT
653 Posts
A bit over 100 F (I think to 102 or maybe a bit more)....not quite as hot as you've seen it!

·
Registered
2006 2500X
113 Posts
Around latter part of July or first part of August it can become rather hot, for this is a fruit growing Valley here in this part of B.C., Cdn. It can scoot up to 43 or 44C & that is around 115F to our American friends. The air condition goes on in my home, & when I get back from riding my m/c up on the higher altitudes of the Cdn Rockie Mtn roads, which helps cool on off, then it is down in the basement for that is cooler then upstairs.

Never tried the air conditioner in my Forester as I have only had it since February.

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,772 Posts
Dead Sea in Israel (lowest point on earth), August 2003, 44c.

Note to self: Avoid desert areas in the summer.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Mid to late July, when the XT was parked in the sun last summer, the temp showed 121, but cooled all the way down to 118F once I started rolling. Thats Arizona Baby!!

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
keyser soze said:
Mid to late July, when the XT was parked in the sun last summer, the temp showed 121, but cooled all the way down to 118F once I started rolling. Thats Arizona Baby!!
That was the exact temp [121] on my last trip to Vegas. Man, I've never thought it would get that hot there. What was really funny was how all the soda cans left in the vehicle would balloon up and popped.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
SKSTI said:
That was the exact temp [121] on my last trip to Vegas. Man, I've never thought it would get that hot there. What was really funny was how all the soda cans left in the vehicle would balloon up and popped.
Un-opened soda cans and food in the car is your worst enemy during the summer. A friend left half a 6 pack of beer on the passenger seat, with the suns rays shining on them.....

It is amazing how much beer can reek under the wrong circumstances!

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Got a solid month of 120s coming... :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Keyser,
What a waste of beer.
Did you give it a proper funeral?
I'll remember not to leave cans in the car over summer. It wont be a problem for a while tho, we're just into Autumn now.

·
Registered
2006 XTA
551 Posts
CadZan said:
Around 45C at Ayers Rock, AU.
We have to call it "Uluru" now or the original dwellers will file uncorrectness suits against us and/or parts of our body will mysteriously fall off!:sorry:

·
Registered
653 Posts
48C in Coober Pedy in 2004(trip around OZ).Like the locals spent it underground.
Maximus

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
I just saw this thread...

I must say, my gf always tells me that I'm pretty hot... so I guess I get pretty hot... :D

Here in Toronto, last summer was the hottest summer we had in awhile, it got up to high 30s, and if you factor in the humidity factor, we were in the 40s Celsius for sure...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts