Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i CVT
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find my car "slingshot" forward when starting from standstill. It is really hard to go slow from the start which is bad in slippery conditions. It feels as if the transmission is winding up to certain point than suddenly engages. To go forward smoothly I have to anticipate the point of engagement than ease on the gas. Is that normal?

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,779 Posts
This is the 2.5? Have you tried launching from L?

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
When I test drove the 2.5i I was shocked at how touchy the throttle was. I actually apologized to my salesman because of the sudden takeoff from a stop.

The XT is not as touchy and is easier to control when it comes to a smooth start.

I would just advise being very gentle with the pedal if you want a smooth start.

·
Registered
'12 Legacy GT 6MT
37 Posts
I find my car "slingshot" forward when starting from standstill. It is really hard to go slow from the start which is bad in slippery conditions. It feels as if the transmission is winding up to certain point than suddenly engages. To go forward smoothly I have to anticipate the point of engagement than ease on the gas. Is that normal?
I found this to be very true. An easy way to fix this imo is to move your seat back just enough so you are "reaching" with your foot to accelerate instead of having to hold back by being "on top" of the pedal. Immediately solved the issue for me.

·
Registered
2014 Forester xt prem Cvt
161 Posts
When the engine is cold, the revs are right in the power band, then the car jerks with 10 percent throttle. Try feathering it better, adjust your seats, let the car warm up, or put it in x mode when it's slippery

1 - 6 of 6 Posts