Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Superbly.
Traction, ABS and VDC response, all great.

Pity that the oncoming Peugeot 106 w/ bald front tyres and no valid MoT cert couldn't stop for sh*t.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,485 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I am shocked at how some idiots drive around this time of year. They take for granted that roads are gritted and have no idea what snow (or even worse black ice) mean.
Did your tyre get punctured and is this the spare wheel?

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's the spare fpan, yes. Fresh rubber all round and the 106 managed to carve a lump out of both the alloy and the sidewall.

Softest bit of the car. At least he missed the front bumper beam so no airbag action.

I dread to think how much it's gonna tally up to- bumper, wing, HID lamp assy, foglamp, rim, tyre, airbox, headlamp washer, plus sundry bracketry and painting.
Any advance on £2k?

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back from the bodyshop today. The alloy rim is on backorder but the damaged one is only cosmetic so a fresh tyre on it and we're OK. Bodyshop did a superb job, blew in the driver's door for me at the same time (a couple of marks left after a PDR session) and buffed the rest to match. Parts prices weren't just as bad as I anticipated, £200 for a rim, about the same for the bumper skin, £400 for an HID headlamp unit.

Driving a Tiguan hire car for a few weeks has really proved how competent the Forester is. It was a TDI 140 R-line so sports springs and daft 19" rims, but...

Tiguan pros: seats, handling. In-cabin materials quality.
cons: Small inside, especially the boot. Engine not as sharp as the boxer diesel and louder. Road noise. Jiggly ride. Heavy steering. Poxy electric handbrake. Crappy AWD system that seems to take a while to switch the rears on. Terrible headlights.

Yes, I'll keep the Forester TYVM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts