Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Turbo 5MT
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed and replaced the TPS and the idle air control solenoid. The IAC had to be cleaned as it was well sooted up but they are both back in now and I have found how to set the TPS, which is done, but I would like to adjust the idle speed as it'a bit high (750-800rpm). I read on the scooby forum how to do this using the screw on the idle air assist solenoid but I can't find the IAA. Does anyone know if that is the correct proceedure and if so, where the IAA solenoid is please.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Bassmaker,

AFAIK the Impreza had the ability to trim the idle speed the Forester doesn't.

Idle speed controlled by the ECU and is about 700+/_ 100 rpm no load and 800+/_ 150 with A/C on

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Turbo 5MT
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Don. Perhaps the MAF I bought which is a patern part is not doing it's job and I should have just forked out for the Subaru item. Your advice has been missed, where ever you have been.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Don't stray too far from the Europe forum :biggrin: Pop over here occasionally and scan the relevant sub forums.

Just looked up my old '97 Impreza paper manual and I'm only partially right.

The early 1.6, 1.8 and non turbo 2.0 imprezas (all non cat) had a means of adjusting the idle mixture (potentiometer) but the idle speed was set by the ECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts