Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the stock Geolanders on my '06 XT due to dry rot, and I'm pretty much limited to two tires: the Primacy MXV4 and the Pilot Exalto A/S. I've only put 35K on my Geolanders before they rotted so the 45K vs. 60K mileage warranty is not a big concern.

I've been trying to find posts to directly compare the two tires; or at least compare them with stock, but it's been difficult. The closest I've found is this post from a while back but it's a bit lacking. I noticed almost everyone thinks either tire is better than stock. I've found a lot of people who love both; but I've found a few who specifically drive the XT that don't appreciate the softer response of the Primary, and a couple people have mentioned the steering is a lot less responsive; as if the power steering was taken down a couple notches. I've found almost no posts about why people like the Exalto so much better than stock; only that they do. The funny thing is posts about the Exalto have severely dropped off over the years; which the Primary is still a strong recommend around here.

I was wondering if anyone has tried them both and can comment; or specifically how they compare to the stock tires.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts