Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the old one off as it was in bits but new one will not go through the bumper hole without taking the bumper off.

Jobs you wish you'd never started eh.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Bumper off mate, I had to do the same to replace a defunct washer unit as well :(((

My n/s windscreen washer jets are weak, so on the weekend I removed all the rubber tubing, passed hot water and detergent through them, put it all back together, exactly the same (if not worse)

go figure!

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
I had a problem with the o/s washer jet on our impreza. Did the same as you with the tube and the jet, but it turned out to be the ball and spring was stuck in the non return valve in the pipe near to the washer jet. Poked it out with some wire and it works fine now.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So thats whats wrong with my windscreen jet. Already taken it to bits once and couldn't figure out how the valve works. Bet there's a spring in the tube some where.

Is it an easy job to get the bumper off? Hope its warm at the weekend.

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
Once I found the right tools it was a doddle, just time-consuming mate. let us know how it goes!

It's gonna be warm, 3 degrees by all accounts LOL!

·
Registered
1999 (UKDM) S-Turbo (LT) 4EAT
217 Posts
I had a problem with the o/s washer jet on our impreza. Did the same as you with the tube and the jet, but it turned out to be the ball and spring was stuck in the non return valve in the pipe near to the washer jet. Poked it out with some wire and it works fine now.
Thanks Neil, just fixed my washer jet with that piece of useful info. The non-return valve has a spring and ball bearing assembly inside it. The spring had corroded and broken inside, jamming the ball. I found a small implement to push through the hole and popped the ball out of the widest end (watch your eyes if you do this) so the valve is now just a pipe connector. Seems to work fine and jets back to full strength.

Excellent fix, thanks again :)

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got so many little jobs like this to do on the Foz. Was going to brave this weekends weather and do 'em, but now i've got to fit a radiator in next doors kitchen. BUGGER.

Just seen an old 5th Gear showing a bloke who's just set up a garage where you can use his ramps, tools and the nice warm work space to do any repairs to your car for about £10 per hour. Sounds like a winner. It's called 'Pit Start' Any one seen one?

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
I heard about pitstop, but I thought there was only one in London at the moment.

I find if I need some time on the car it helps to get my Dad or someone round to help. I don't seem to get as many calls to 'come in for a minute' from the house, plus I usually get more done. I'd be happy to lend a hand if you want.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I might just leave the foz with you and take that orange mini.

That would be something like my dream garage/workshop. You lucky thing.

·
Registered
1999 (UKDM) S-Turbo (LT) 4EAT
217 Posts
I've got so many little jobs like this to do on the Foz. Was going to brave this weekends weather and do 'em, but now i've got to fit a radiator in next doors kitchen. BUGGER.
How do you manage to get the Foz through the kitchen doors?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts