Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Seattle area seems to be very popular for Foresters. I see them all over the place. Last Sunday I went snowboarding and there were 6 other Foresters with 50ft of us. The Forester is very popular but my question is WHERE ARE THE FXTs? I'd say I see 75% FXS, 20% FX, and 5% FXT. I have never seen a modded FXT driving around here, and the only people I see driving a FXT are little old ladies.

I see more STIs than I do FXTs. It that normal? The local Subby dealer down the road currently has:
Three 2006 STIs, four 2005 STIs and two 2004 STIs. They only have one 2006 FXT and one 2004 FXT.

Is this a common trend around the country? Were there very few FXT models made?

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
So far in SF, I often see FXSes, hardly any XTs around. I think I've seen only 4 in the city. Not many STis either, just a bunch of WRXs.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My neighborhood alone has 6 Foresters (4 XS, 2 X), 2 STIs, and only 1 WRX.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
The N/A's definitely outnumber the XT's here where I live, but driving around the area on the weekends I can easily spot half a dozen XT's or so. They are mostly driven by middle-aged ladies and older peeps, but most of them are well aware of what's under the hood!

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
I see tons of Foresters around NY to. They appear to be seeling really well. The majority of them are NA. I would say 1 in 5 are XT's.

E

·
0 Posts
Hello all,

My wife got her XT in February and we had to have the dealer get one for us. They had 23 X's, X's with Prem. Pkg, and LL Beans on the lot but no XTs at all. The dealer ordered a black and a dark gray one and she ended up with the dark gray one. To say she loves it is an understatement. We do not see too many XTs around either but the occasional WRX/STI is sometimes spotted. We're in Central NY BTW. Take care.

weasel

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
Evil, welcome!

Where in central NY? There's a whole bunch of us downstate.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
pleiad7 said:
The N/A's definitely outnumber the XT's here where I live, but driving around the area on the weekends I can easily spot half a dozen XT's or so. They are mostly driven by middle-aged ladies and older peeps, but most of them are well aware of what's under the hood!
^^same here. The only time I see modded XTs is when I go to a meet or meet up w/ them.

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
BlueDevil said:
i've seen 3 other xt's aside from mine on the road..........
I saw that many XTs on my drive to work this morning - which was a 15 min drive.

I dont think Subaru Australia gives figures on the model breakdown, but my guess would be about 1 in 5 would be an XT.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
sea-scooby said:
The Seattle area seems to be very popular for Foresters. I see them all over the place. Last Sunday I went snowboarding and there were 6 other Foresters with 50ft of us. The Forester is very popular but my question is WHERE ARE THE FXTs? I'd say I see 75% FXS, 20% FX, and 5% FXT. I have never seen a modded FXT driving around here, and the only people I see driving a FXT are little old ladies.

I see more STIs than I do FXTs. It that normal? The local Subby dealer down the road currently has:
Three 2006 STIs, four 2005 STIs and two 2004 STIs. They only have one 2006 FXT and one 2004 FXT.

Is this a common trend around the country? Were there very few FXT models made?
There are 4 highly modified FXTs around here I have seen (and a few slightly modded N/As). I actually spoke to two of them when I met them in a parking lot. Different times though. One guy is a police officer and another is a businessman. Not forum savvy people. There is another member, Roundthebend, and he is in Auburn but hangs over at NASIOC NWIC more often than here. Then there is this black highly tricked out FXT in Lynnwood that I saw.

Seattle itself is Impreza and Legacy concentrated in terms of modified. But I agree too that there are lots of Foresters. My rough estimates of sightings are 25% FXT, 25% FXS and 50% FX.

·
Captain Obvious
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
379 Posts
I see billions of Subarus of all kinds here in western MA - I can't even keep track. N/A Foresters are quite common. I regularly see two other 05 PSM XT's on my way to work in the morning, one driven by an older woman, and one driven by a younger woman. I think I've seen one red XT and one gold XT since I got mine at the end of August 05.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
274 Posts
I lived in Vermont for about four years and in those four years I saw TWO XT's! Now I've lived in Carlisle PA for the past year and I've seen three or four. I've heard from a few dealers that theres just not as much demand for XT's as there is for N/A's as the majority of people who drive foresters are middle-aged adults who desire functionality above all else. Typically the increase in horsepower isnt enough to justify the jump in price for someone who mainly wants it as an everyday utility vehicle.

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,772 Posts
Aside from HPH, I haven't ever SEEN another FXT down here.
Lots of X models though.

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Northern Beaches, Sydney

I'd say about 10 to 1 NA to XT's

C

·
0 Posts
here in sacramento california the x"s are popular with the old ladies and they meanmug me all the time when I drive past them, (really fast) but when I go snow boarding to the lake tahoe area I see alot of xt sti and wrx's spepially the waggons. and they all hawl a$$ up the mountains...

many a S U V ' s get passed by waggons!

·
formerly known as Benrock05201
2012 GMC 2500 HD Automatic
2,225 Posts
Eurgiez said:
I lived in Vermont for about four years and in those four years I saw TWO XT's!
I still live there and I know of mine, the local tatoo guys, 2 that belong to old ladies, and a random red one. N/A s however are all over the place. You literally can not sit a a traffic light and not see a forester there as well. I'd say in my little part of the world 40/1 ratio.

Ben

1 - 20 of 33 Posts