Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 FXTTwES -
Filled gas at Costco, reset my trip meter and set off at a relaxed 40 mph (ACC) with all greens for a few miles.

After a couple of miles or so I then looked at the MPGs and my Jaw dropped!! I had never seen anything like this before.

It evened out later when I started hitting reds etc, but still was cool for a few minutes of bliss.

I was really praying to run into a Prius or leaf so I could show them what a 2 ltr turbo charged engine was giving me :icon_wink:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
I should have taken a picture of my 3.3 mpg I saw while offroading Saturday.:icon_eek:

The MPGs from the XT can be great, especially when going downhill or having a strong tailwind.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Range however seems way off, but I just didn't want to ruin a great story :icon_redface:

·
Registered
2009 Foz XT Limited Auto
369 Posts
I should have taken a picture of my 3.3 mpg I saw while offroading Saturday.:icon_eek:

The MPGs from the XT can be great, especially when going downhill or having a strong tailwind.
This. I have a '09 XT, but when going against a strong wind the MPG drops... but going the other way drops it down. Ive seen 20mpg on the highway (70mph on cruise control, rather flat roads) going one way... turning around ended up averaging 28-30mpg. Both was with strong winds.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There wasn't a head / tail wind. I think it was just the fact that it was a flat road and I was doing a steady 40 mph. If I'd gone up to 65/70 there's no way I could've gotten that mileage.

It was early in the morning, the engine / tranny had warmed up from my drive to the gas station and the computer had started a fresh trip calculation.

This. I have a '09 XT, but when going against a strong wind the MPG drops... but going the other way drops it down. Ive seen 20mpg on the highway (70mph on cruise control, rather flat roads) going one way... turning around ended up averaging 28-30mpg. Both was with strong winds.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 6 speed manual
201 Posts
I got to experience the head=tail wind phenomenon last night....30.8 MPG on my trip to Newburyport with some light rain and 37ºF....later on that night the temp dropped to 33ºF for the ride home with that head wind plus periods of heavy rain, the result 24.8 MPG!

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
228 Posts
Last night my 22 mile drive home from work I showed 31.4 mpg. Usually on a nice warm day I'll see 27mpg, but that really took me by surprise. That's up from 22mpg average when it's below 30 degrees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts