Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 2.5 XS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock 2003 Forester 2.5XS and i finally have the money to get some wheels for it. i dont really want to drop it since i need the clearance but i want a wheels that can fill the wheel well to the max.

*My question is, how big of a rim and how whide of a tire can i fit onto a stock forester?

*what is a cheap way to lower the forester about an inch?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
first off what do you want to do w/ the car? DD, spirited driving, auto-x, track?

1, you could go as wide as 9", but to 8" wide is fine. do you want 17s or 18s? with stock struts youll be limited to a 245 width tire. you could do 40 or 45 sidewalls, its up to you.

2, swift forester lowering springs.

just so you know, NOTHING good is cheap when modding a car. if you want to skimp out, you should have bought another car...

·
Registered
03 2.5 XS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its my daily driver, but i am 18 and live in the country which has sinding roads which i drive every day.

i want at least 18s

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
in that case, do a 18x8 w/ 225or245/45/18s. that should fill up the wells nicely! since you live in the country you should do a performance all season. an extreme summer or something will probably not handle any offroad or bad weather you might see!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts