Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Forester is getting on a bit now (11 years old.) I'm thinking that a complete replacement of hoses and pipes would be a good move. Now I cant really afford Samco and have been looking at some replacemant kits on ebay.
Subaru Impreza WRX GC8 EJ20 silicone radiator hose kit on eBay (end time 03-Apr-10 09:31:00 BST)

IMPREZA WRX GC8 TMIC HOSE KIT 98-00 SILICONE unbranded on eBay (end time 02-Apr-10 20:03:24 BST)
Are these worth buying? Seems like a bargain to me, complete hose replacemant for under £100. Or should I get down the motor factors and buy OEM?

·
Registered
1999 (UKDM) S-Turbo (LT) 4EAT
217 Posts
My Forester is getting on a bit now (11 years old.) I'm thinking that a complete replacement of hoses and pipes would be a good move. Now I cant really afford Samco and have been looking at some replacemant kits on ebay.
Subaru Impreza WRX GC8 EJ20 silicone radiator hose kit on eBay (end time 03-Apr-10 09:31:00 BST)

IMPREZA WRX GC8 TMIC HOSE KIT 98-00 SILICONE unbranded on eBay (end time 02-Apr-10 20:03:24 BST)
Are these worth buying? Seems like a bargain to me, complete hose replacemant for under £100. Or should I get down the motor factors and buy OEM?
I got this hose kit off an ebay auction for £21, no complaints, though I had to use a hacksaw to cut the IC to throttle body hose and take a bit off the end of the y-pipe at the turbo end. Took about 20 mins all in and made a heck of a difference compared to the stock plastic y-pipe. On the face of it, they look pretty much the same as the ones you listed.

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that, I will order them tonight. It's just a shame they dont come in black.

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
you could wait until "Japanese Fest" at Castle Coombe.

Its a good day out, and the hose kits go reasonably cheap, and at the end of the show (if you hang around long enough) they have some really good deals.

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
This sounds like an interesting day out. Got a linky?

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Hmmmm. Wiltshire's a long way to go for the day i think. Will wait for something a little closer me thinks.

Take pics of the new hoses though deebom.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Cheers for that, I will order them tonight. It's just a shame they dont come in black.
They do come in black, that's what I asked for and received... red, blue or black :)

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do they really? Thats good, didnt really want to Barry my engine bay, am deffo going to order them now. Cheers for that. :woohoo:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Supercharged MX5's? It'll come in handy if ya late for your nails doing i suppose.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do they really? Thats good, didnt really want to Barry my engine bay, am deffo going to order them now. Cheers for that. :woohoo:
Just remember to specify the colour you want when the auction finishes. Think it says so somewhere in the listing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts