Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I changed my fuel filter recently and busted a line. I went to the parts store to replace it, and they didn't have that size, but just the next size up. I put that on, and it's leaking just a big...gas mileage is down too.

Anyway, what is the hose size coming from the fuel filter? I can't seem to read a number on it. I need to replace the wrong one with the right one!

Thanks,

Ben

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,070 Posts
I believe the hose size is 5/16". When I inserted a fitting on my post here, it was a 5/16" fitting & it was a tight fit. Make sure you get "fuel injection" fuel line. The regular (cheaper) fuel line hose is not rated for the pressure & is not safe to use for fuel injection. :wink:

In addition, I'd get new clamps. The factory/OEM clamps don't seem to tighten as well when reused. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

Reactions: 8lackie

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! Thank you much. Already done...and good advice about the new clamps...they seem much better and more workable.

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
not sure about exactly which years, but wasn't there a TSB on some of the fuel line clamps and possible leakage leading to occasional fuel smells? When I got my '04 I took off the metal covers above the heads to get to all the fuel lines b/c i had an occasional smell. a couple fuel hose clamps did need to be tightened and i'll probably just replace before too long (no smells since then).

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Premium
166 Posts
Fuel line information 4 moving fuel filter

I believe the hose size is 5/16". When I inserted a fitting on my post here, it was a 5/16" fitting & it was a tight fit. Make sure you get "fuel injection" fuel line. The regular (cheaper) fuel line hose is not rated for the pressure & is not safe to use for fuel injection. :wink:

In addition, I'd get new clamps. The factory/OEM clamps don't seem to tighten as well when reused. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal
This is the droid I was looking for. Important but often overlooked information. Excellent!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts