Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I have a couple of hail dents in my hood - If I remove the hood insulator will I be able to get to the metal where the dings are? How easy is it to remove and replace the insulator. This is for my 2015 Forester 2.5i.

Thanks for any advice.

Diesel70

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Premium
552 Posts
If it was me and I im not telling you to do it but heat from a torch of some type plus cold and for that I used dry ice will pop them out.. Thats been my experience. I am NOT a professional I just tried this to see if it would work..
A body shop or paintless dent repair will give you Guaranteed Results The hood insulation is just held on with clips I would imagine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I have tried this in the past, with limited results....maybe needs to be hotter than the wife's hairdryer!!!

·
Administrator
15,348 Posts
Most hoods have a sub-frame under them so you may not be able to get to the dents. We had hail a few weeks ago and fortunately both my vehicles were under cover at the time - phew! Many thousands of vehicle owners were not so lucky.

BTW -

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts