Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
None FXT i exploded 4eat one good 4eat
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A Sweet Hovercraft / Honeymoon Photos

Hello!. So my wife and I were married this May but didn't go on our honeymoon until mid September. We flew from NJ to Vancouver on the 18th of September. That night we were lucky to catch the first show of the Sunny Day Real Estate reunion tour. The next afternoon we boarded our cruise ship and sailed for Hawaii. The cruise stopped at two places on the big island, then Maui, Kaua’i, and dropped us off in O’ahu. Next we flew to Maui for four more days before flying to Seattle for two days and then arriving home October 4th. We traveled a little over 11,000 miles over 18 ish days.

Half an hour after leaving Vancouver there was an announcement that a passenger wasn’t feeling well and the boat would stop for a MEDEVAC. We were on a tiny ship with no helipad, so I was not sure how they were going to get the passenger off of the boat. About 10 mins later we heard the sound of a large motor running wide open. Shortly thereafter we saw a huge military hovercraft absolutely flying. Below are two photos. This thing was super impressive in person – use the close up shot for a size perspective.

Anyway here are a few of the many photos we took. (I am mainly posting this to show off the cool hovercraft!)

Thanks,

Jesse

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
43 Posts
I have heard stories about this very one any times. My family owns a 42 foot boat and we have cruised around British Columbia alot. My grandparents saw this hovercraft rescue a group of people who ran their boat onto some rocks. They have told me about it many times. It is amazing someone else ran into it. Here is a link about it. Also, congrats on the wedding.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
Awesome and congrats! My wife and I were married on May 2nd of this year and while on our honeymoon in Greece we met another couple married on the same day.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
I'm glad you guys like our Coast Guard hover crafts. I remember a few years back when they were beaching the CCG Sipu-Muin in front of my house overnight while they were enroute to the factory for maintenance. One of our members from Quebec works on one of the hovercrafts that is deployed in the St. Lawrence... here is his intro thread:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f108/new-french-canadian-member-53643/

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Wow talk aboot a cool hovercraft, eh?

Your pics make me miss Hawaii and Seattle.. right above your Pike's Place picture is one of my favorite Seattle restaurants.

·
Registered
2001 SOLD!
1,420 Posts
Yup. I hear one of those suckers come and break the ice so it doesn't Dam up on the bridges in spring.

The pilots most own Subaru's because they do doughnuts with the hovercraft to break the ice up.

Just sweet to watch.

·
Premium Member
None FXT i exploded 4eat one good 4eat
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome and congrats! My wife and I were married on May 2nd of this year and while on our honeymoon in Greece we met another couple married on the same day.
Congratulations! Really random to run into another couple married on the same day!

You can check out the stats on the other three hovercraft in the CCG fleet on their website. Two are based out of Richmond, BC while the other two are based out of Trois Rivieres, QC
Thanks for that!

Wow talk aboot a cool hovercraft, eh?

Your pics make me miss Hawaii and Seattle.. right above your Pike's Place picture is one of my favorite Seattle restaurants.
What is the name of that resturant? We ate here:

You watch them make cheese while you eat your lunch - super great food.

I have heard stories about this very one any times. My family owns a 42 foot boat and we have cruised around British Columbia alot. My grandparents saw this hovercraft rescue a group of people who ran their boat onto some rocks. They have told me about it many times. It is amazing someone else ran into it. Here is a link about it. Also, congrats on the wedding.
That is funny that other people know that hovercraft.

To everyone thanks for the kind words!

Jesse

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
Congratulations on getting married! My wife and I got married on May 24th of 08! May is the month to do for sure!

We did Yellowstone for our honeymoon and hiked Half Dome (and a bunch of other outdoors type stuff).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts