Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can see this topic coming up more than once so I've scanned in my manuals. If people do a search on homelink mirror they will find it here .

How to install it:

How to set it up:

1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink® buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink® indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink® buttons.)

2. Hold both the handheld transmitter button and the HomeLink® button you would like to program until the HomeLink® flashes slowly then rapidly (then release both buttons)

3. Press and hold the HomeLink® button you just programmed. If the garage door opens/closes then programming is complete. If it does not then proceed to step 4.

4. Get a ladder and press and release the “learn” button on the back of your garage door motor head

5. Within 30 seconds get back into your vehicle and press and release the HomeLink® button you just programmed up to 3 times or until your garage door activates.

6. Follow steps 2-5 for additional garage door openers.

Programming is complete.

If you need further assistance, please call HomeLink® Customer care at 1-800- 355-3515

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My please :biggrin: Its nice when you can just do a keyword search and come up with all the documentation you need in one simple post. Just doing my bit.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport
1,429 Posts
Can I ask another silly question - what year models is that model number for?

I found this one:
PN#: H501SSA100
Car Type: Subaru Forester
Models/Years: 2000-2005

But that doesn't help me cuz I have an 08. I wanna verify that the PN will work for the 08, I am pretty sure in saying it will since it's just power to a mirror.....

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,097 Posts
I'm pretty sure the mirror will work on just about all Scoobies as long as the non-homelink mirro was an option*. What you really need to determine is if you need an adapter plate or not. From what I can gather all Imprezas and Foresters need this plate. I'm just not sure about 08 because I have not looked. The best way to tell if the homelink will need an adapter on your vehicle (as far as I can tell at this point) is to look at you mirror where it attaches to the windscreen. If just below the socket you see a TORX (T-20) type of screw then you do not need the adapter. If it's smooth and there is no screw you will need the adapter plate. Not a big deal though it's not very expensive. I'm still in the process of doing an install page for mine. I'll get that up shortly and most likely put it here.

Legacy, I hope you don't mind I stole your scans and I want to add them to my install page :) Saves me the trouble of doing a screen capture of the manual I have in PDF :)

* If you don't mind doing some rewiring if the mirror is not pre wired like the earlier mirrors; you can retrofit any mirror, I've done this in my 97 OB you really only need to get the mirror power and ground, not very hard. There is a third wire that tells the mirror when your backup lights are on so the mirror will un-dim at night. That wire can be found in the passenger kick panel or you don't have to bother, it's not that critical if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey I don't mind as its going towards "spreading the wealth of knowledge". If other people (you) didn't put their material up I'd never know 90% of the Subaru knowledge that I do. Link to it here when you're done as we can all check it out.

·
Registered
00 I've had allsorts both
1,378 Posts
An Old thread but a good one :icon_wink:

I had a Auto' dim with built-in compass (on my XT '03 model...up for sale now)...and being is i just bought an FSTi '04 model without this, i thought i would try and swap the Auto-dim mirror to my STi,

Did a search on here and found 'Legacy's' thread.......Brilliant !, Just took me about half an hour to swap them over, all fittings/wiring was compatible (Thanks for that Subaru) and Job done :icon_biggrin:

Thanks Legacy (if your still around) and the Forum,

Phil.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes I am , very busy at the moment but still around . I just programmed the pair of doors at our new house a few minutes ago and also added the programming steps from the Homelink.com website. I have Chamberlain openers and they required pressing the LEARN button to "trust" my homelink as a valid user of the doors. Gotta say, these belt drive openers are 100x more quiet than the previous chain drive we had at the last house.

·
Registered
2016 Fozzie XT
6 Posts
Just installed a Gentex 313 on my 2016 XT, thanks this helped. The stock rear view mirror on the '16 is a clip style, so you have to depress a tab and pull the base straight up. New one had a set screw. I spliced the 3 wires (12V+, switched 12V+, and GND) into the sunroof connector.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts