Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my '19 today (2 weeks late, but ok). I programmed the homelink to work with my garage doors. It only seems to work when engine is on. Is there a way to fix this as I would rather open door first and then start car instead of having car running (exhaust/CO) before doors goes up.

Just as FYI, when I picked up the car the salesman noted that new orders would not be delivered until Feb/Mar for the Touring

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,458 Posts
My 2017 Audi and my wife's new 19 Acura also require the car to be on for them to work. No way to change that as it is wired that way via the fuse panel. The HomeLink is an "ACCESSORY" item so you either need to be in ACC mode by pressing the START button without your foot on the brake or start the vehicle and have the engine running.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5iLimited CVT
238 Posts
Just got my '19 today (2 weeks late, but ok). I programmed the homelink to work with my garage doors. It only seems to work when engine is on. Is there a way to fix this as I would rather open door first and then start car instead of having car running (exhaust/CO) before doors goes up.

Just as FYI, when I picked up the car the salesman noted that new orders would not be delivered until Feb/Mar for the Touring
That is the way the Subaru works. On my Volvo it works without starting the engine...and without the key in the ignition

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. I traded a '16 Legacy for the new Forester as I have relative who has trouble with the lower seating level. In that car, the garage door button would work with the engine off. I can't figure out why the change
2. The reason I want to open/close with the engine off is due to the climate where I live, NH. I have an unheated garage and try to keep the lift doors open as little as possible. With the engine off option, I can get in car, push lift, start car, wait 30 secs. and then drive out and shut door. This keeps the open time and cold air penetration to a minimum. Now my option is to either open from the wall switch, or open after starting car and running engine inside closed garage for a short period of time with the exhaust & CO filling the closed space. Yes, I know that it is only for a short period of time, but who wants CO in their garage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts