Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 XT
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Megan Racing CO's articulation is never good. I usually disconnect my fat f/r swaybars but for this trip I didn't. Here is just a silly pic. There are other pics of my Foz in the album.

Picasa Web Albums - fxtwagn

On this quick trip up to the San Jauns the snow was just a week away from locking the roads for the next 6-8 months. I did Wolf Pass, Dallas Divide/Last Dollar and most of the way up to Yankee Boy basin before snow stopped me at 11,300. To get east to Pueblo I went over Cottonwood pass, several pucker moments there:rock: with some fresh snow.

Nice colors, nice weather, no tourists.

·
Registered
2006 XT
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what if you drive without the sways?
Almost no difference. I do it just to make me think it's better. Since I really don't "rock crawl" I'm just fat dumb and happy. I've only been stopped once or twice in my travels so I'm OK. Since I spend 99.9% on tarmac DD, solo, DE's and RX I'm OK with the trade off.

Heck when I had the 32mm Strano fsb the rear inside tire was off the ground half the time. That was before the Megans. Remember... more spring/less bar.

Yup Smash just before the eastern front got wacked. Ouray was sunny and 60deg when I left for Fountian. Then three days of 20deg and fog during the National RX event. My beard was a solid mass of ice after a day in the elements. I'm just now thawing out.

80deg and sunny here in bigD:rock: I can't wait to get back...

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
490 Posts
Nice pics, man! One of these days we'll take ours down there. San Juans sure look pretty.

How did you do at the RX nats? Did you see a guy with the white Beretta take the second? That was my buddy Ryan. I've heard that there was a lot of RM Solo guys (and gals) out there helping out too. I wanted to come too, but I didn't feel like getting my 67 Baja ready and draggin it out there. Just too lazy (and broke) :icon_rolleyes: There's an event at CORE this coming Sunday, I'd like to make that. But I probably won't :biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 XT
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Subacool, I didn't run Nationals and was just a volunteer working grid. As an SCCA RX Event Chair here in N. Texas I thought it a good way support the cause and help Ken the National Chair.

Yes I did see the white Beretta, he drove very well. Yes w/o the RM entrants there would not have been any event. All the RM folks I talked to sure love the CORE site. Your blessed as long as you can keep the tires on the ground:huh:

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
490 Posts
Subacool, I didn't run Nationals and was just a volunteer working grid. As an SCCA RX Event Chair here in N. Texas I thought it a good way support the cause and help Ken the National Chair.
:rock: Very nice! That's definitely something to be proud of. Kudos to you for coming out to help! Without volunteers all these racing events would not be possible. I'm a Chief of Waivers for the COR RMsolo group (i've got the easy job :biggrin:).

You should make it up to CORE one of these days, it's awesome. I've been to a rallycross there a few times, ran in a 100 mile desert race (completed 40), and I've ran the rally track a few times. So far I've been lucky to keep mostly all four on the ground :biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 Subaru
14 Posts
Nice pic of three-wheel motion. I did the same move last weekend and snapped the front and rear end-links off of our '07. I was running Cobb hollow sway bars front/rear. We ended up loosing the rear brake banjo fitting:icon_frown: limped it home though.

·
Registered
2006 XT
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My Kartboy front and Poltec rear endlinks "seem" to be up to the task. When I had the Strano 32mm front rsb the control arm attachment point snapped right off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts