Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Automatic
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I may be the only one who didn't realize this....
I just found out that back when GM partnered with Subaru, the Forester was sold in India as a freakin Chevy!!! Who woulda thunk it?? LOL.
Anyway...just thought I'd share in case I wasn't the only one that didn't know this.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
LOL. I looked at the picture before I read your post, and thought "*** did he put a Chevy emblem on his Foz?". :biggrin: Best damn vehicle that bow-tie has ever been on, LOL!.

No, I didn't know that at all. Another fun fact, did you also know that Subaru builds the Toyota Camry here in the states?

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Automatic
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL. I looked at the picture before I read your post, and thought "*** did he put a Chevy emblem on his Foz?". :biggrin: Best damn vehicle that bow-tie has ever been on, LOL!.

No, I didn't know that at all. Another fun fact, did you also know that Subaru builds the Toyota Camry here in the states?
Yeah...you'd have permission to come up here and kick my a%$ if I ever did that!!!
And yep I knew that about the Toyota. I believe that they are made at the factory that makes Outbacks...I think...

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
I knew about it.. When I sold my Silverado for the Forester i wanted to stay a member on that Chevy truck site so i told them I had bought a Chevy Forester and used pictures similar to that to mess with them :cool:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
LOL... We have Indian members here with Chevy Foresters. One even made it into the sf.org calendar a few years ago, IIRC. We almost took up a collection to buy him a proper badge for his grille!

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
I so would rock that grill just to mess with people in my town...

joe r

·
Registered
2010 Forester Prem. 5 spd
86 Posts
Is it bad that the more I look at this picture, the more it starts to look like a cheap piece of crap? I guess badging is important. :biggrin:

I think I can fix this.........

Ahh. Yes, yes. Much better. Now I can sleep tonight.
Namaste / Dhanyavaad :biggrin:

That Chevy sticker needed to disappear....

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
It's always funny to learn that a car is sold as something different somewhere else in the world. When I first started getting into cars back in high school I remember reading about the TOYOTA Cavalier that was sold in Japan.

·
Registered
09 Forester Limited
184 Posts
I own a 1999 Acura SLX which is a rebadged Trooper sold only in the US. There were only 674 SLXs sold in 99. Troopers were sold overseas as Opel Tonneman, Holden Jackaroo (Australia), Monterrey (New Zealand) Unpronounceable in Thailand. In the UK and Ireland they are sold mainly through farm equipment dealers and the panel truck is most popular because of the tax structure. In Japan with only 1500 units a year sales, the most popular version is the two wheel drive, slammed with ground effects. Almost all of the above are the turbo diesel.
I guess the Saabaru and the Chevy Forester weren't as far fetched as I thought.

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,095 Posts
I think the Saabaru's actually looked better then the WRX's. They executed that one nicely.
There was one for sale locally that a guy on the other side of the country wanted me to look at before traveling out. I took it for a test drive and gave it a once over, it was a very nice car IMHO. He did end up getting it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts