Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we put a deposit on a new Forester last night, and I apparently must be the first one to ask them about availability of a hitch for the 2019. I explained there was no hitch on the options when you build & price online, and there was nothing in the accessories section of the website.

The only answer I got it "well there must be something, it is rated to tow 1,500lbs"

Any idea on when there might be something available? Our use is nothing intense - bike rack initially, and a utility trailer to haul my motorcycle / yard tractor on occasion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
check out etrailer.com

I have a hitch on a corolla, 09 forester, 2014 imprezza etc. If they don't have one for 2019s now give them a week or two and either something by curt, reese or another will be available soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Second etrailer.com. I would personally recommend DrawTite, but the other companies are pretty decent too. I would never have the dealership install the hitch, as they will WAY overcharge you. It's a pretty easy install and the 2019s should already have the holes drilled etc.

Edit: I should say etrailer.com to find what you want, but I ordered the stuff off of Amazon...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try JC Whitney.com. They have a nice selection of hitches for the Forester and they're cheaper than if you order them directly from the manufacturer. Plus they have videos on their website on how to install each one on your car. Not a bad deal! I tried a couple of times looking at Amazon.com, but I wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently e-trailer doesn't have anything for a 2019 available. I kind of find it odd that even if you factory order a forester they have no hitch option available

I just don't want us buying the car and find out you can't put a hitch on it at all

·
Registered
30 Posts
Subaru hitch will be available in November, according to another post, but as a dealer installed option at this point.

Torklift /ecohitch has plans to make one soon for the 2019... I talked to them about it. I like these as they tuck up high just below the bumper rather than have the a crossbar support hang low.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Any idea on when there might be something available? Our use is nothing intense - bike rack initially, and a utility trailer to haul my motorcycle / yard tractor on occasion.
I would wait until an after market hitch comes out (Torqlift, Ecohitch, Curt, Draw-Tite) and install a true Class II if you're only hauling one bike or a Class III if you are hauling multiple bikes. There are quite a few posts regarding this issue. Why make a new mistake when you can learn from ours!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All of my hardware I already own is 2" receiver so I would go class III just for that reason.

I have no desire to have the dealer do it, just found it odd that Subaru didn't have something available already

·
Registered
23 Posts
But they do have a Subaru logo hitch cap to sell you now for $29.95 that you could duct tape to your bumper. :wink2:

I have subscribed to see what others use when they become available.
krh

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in the same problem and it looks like we have to wait / i am waiting till Uhall have it posted on their website / if anyone have any opetions I like to know

I found this but no release date

2019 Subaru Forester EcoHitch trailer hitch

EcoHitch pre-sale going on now! First 25 customers get a discount for pre-ordering the EcoHitch trailer hitch. *Pre-orders will ship once available.

Original Price: $315.99

SKU 2019 Subaru Forester
$290.99

·
Registered
28 Posts
DorkMissIle

What dealership did you buy from?
I'm in the south metro area and stopped by Luther Subaru in Bloomington for a test drive, didn't talk money but the sales guy said the new Foresters are selling fast. So I assume their not willing to deal much at this time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I qualify for VIP (Subaru Vendor) and had three dealers (Walser in Burnsville, St Cloud Subaru and the dealer we bought from Luther in White Bear) all say they would honor the VIP program (invoice). MSRP was $33,023 - paid $30,501 for the Sport / Grey / Preferred Package 2 & Group 24 package

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hitch

I suggest contacting Torklift. They cost more than Draw-tite, etc. but are far less than the OEM hitches. Torklift responded well to my inquiries and may be working on the 2019 version as we speak.

Torklift hitches also fit a little better with regards to being less visible. In my estimation the Torklift might have involved 20% more work to install but It was worth it. The receiver on our '15 exits the lower part of the bumper cover which you will need to trim. I found it satisfying to make an "artisanal" cut out for a nice fit :wink2:

GD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's the part number on the factory hitch. It is unfortunately 1 1/2 ". Someone else found this, not taking credit.

L101SSJ000 (Trailer Hitch)

·
Registered
13 Posts
etrailer now shows a Draw-Tite # 75876 as a confirmed fit for the 2019 Forester.

The installation video shows a 2018 Forester install. My 2019 Forester has some kind of air dam just behind the left rear wheel that might have to be removed or possibly discarded.
Has anyone had a look at the underside of a 2019 to see what I am describing?

New here. A few days ago I traded a 2013 Outback for a new 2019 Forester.

·
Registered
193 Posts
One of the problems with buying a newly designed model change - the aftermarket lag...

It may take months for the aftermarket to get ahold of a new car as a test bed for any kinda part. The engineering can be time consuming even with modern computing. I don’t know how convenient pre-manufacturing plans are to the aftermarket industries, I can assume Subaru is kinda secretive with blueprints nowadays.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The problem is that not even Subaru factory have for sale a Hitch for 2019 Forester/ If you need it you out of luck

1 - 20 of 101 Posts