Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Hit by a student a while back..

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  SubaruGirl 
#1 · (Edited)
Well about two weeks ago, I got hit by someone leaving the high school parking lot. All that needs replacement is the rear bumper and he's already gave me $200 for it, I said I'd get a written estimate and let him know how much more he owes me. Well I went to the auto body shop today and it's $229 for the bumper. My parent's said to ask for what it costs for them to put it on and I'd think it'd be about another hundred. They think it's fair for me to be paid for my labor since I'll be putting it on myself.

ANYWHO........

I really wanna get new struts for the Foz (I kinda owe it to my mom) and thought, "Hey, I'll use the money and some of my own to get just that!"

What are your thoughts? Should I? Or is there something else I could do to make the ride a little nicer =]

See less See more
#5 ·
Unless you do all the work yourself, $1500 probably is not enough for wheels, tires AND suspension.

My guess is that on an '03 your struts and suspension can go a few more years without too much trouble and your biggest bang for the bug would be wheels and especially tires...really good ones.

#19 ·
Keep in mind that the stuts on a Subaru do not have a replacement interval. They are really meant to be kept for the lifetime of the car. It is very different from say a GM car where after a 100k you have to replace the struts because the car rides like crap. Over time they will certainly lose some of their stiffness and you may occaisionally have to replace one but overall it is a pretty rare occurance.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.