Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the first 2009 Forester sold in Southern California. Bought in March of 2008.

i was nailed in the back by a hit an run driver 3 months after i purchased it. since the car was so new, they had to send to Japan for some replacement parts.

fortunately, due to the high rear bumper and the reinforced steel underneath, it totaled the front end of the Accura that hit me.

yesterday i was hit again from behind. the driver tried to drive off, but i followed him and forced him off the road until the police arrived to investigate.

while my Forester is bruised and requires repair, his 94 Toyota is not going anywhere -- again.

i am seriously considering hiring a local artist to airbrush small pictures of totaled cars on the side of my car. 'Notches' on my 'gun', so to speak.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Damn that Coachella!

Sorry to hear. Get the cars that hit you airbrushed on there and then paint a red "X" over them WWII style.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sucks that they keep hitting you.
Maybe you should install some crazy reflective markings on the back of it... or get a rear skid-plate :lol:
this is what i am going to do: i'm going to investigate having a reinforced trailer hitch installed. i need to talk to the dealer to look at the stock mounting points and have reinforcements welded on if required to distribute any impact evenly throughout the chassis without having the hitch attach to a weak point that may fold under impact.

i'm then going to have a 1 1/2 steel bar welded to a rectangular mounting tongue that extends back 6 inches.

i actually know someone who has done this and it is quite impressive to look at.

my desire here will be to do enough damage to the engine compartment of the next vehicle that tries to hit me (sorry, i'm a 'glass half empty' kind of person).

having been nailed 3 times in 4 years is enough. its time to start putting some preventitive medicine in place.

i really love my Forester, and anyone else who messes with it is going to find out the hard way.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
My friend always left the trailer hitch and the drop tongue with ball on his pathfinger. He got rearended by an acura. The hitch went right through the A/C and radiator and the ball held it in place. They actually had to partially disassemble the other car to get it off of his and onto a flatbed. No major damage to the pathy.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
I leave my trailer ball on because a few times I almost got rear ended by some ghetto lowered ricer hondas. Won't work for a truck a lowered honda should also have its rad taken out.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My friend always left the trailer hitch and the drop tongue with ball on his pathfinger. He got rearended by an acura. The hitch went right through the A/C and radiator and the ball held it in place. They actually had to partially disassemble the other car to get it off of his and onto a flatbed. No major damage to the pathy.
accura was the first car that hit me two years ago. its' front end folded up like tinfoil.

the irony was they guy had a sign on the back of the car that he was trying to sell it.

i guess he did eventually -- by the pound to a scrap yard.

i'm also going to start carrying a spike strip in the back. this way i can stop chasing the vehicle when the driver tries to bolt after the collision.

1. Lay down the spike strip.
2. photo the car w/ license plate.
3. dial 911 for the police.
4. Call the insurance company -- i have since put Geico on speed dial.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts