1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
My07 FXT
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2Tone & Matt '07 XT Twinscroll

New 2TONE look for 2013!!

Lawnmower mode...........hehe.......... :)

with blue accents..........

The Path of Obsession.........
About a year and a half ago, I walked into the local Subaru dealership to book a Legacy GT, but fell in luv with the FXT after a short test drive..........I told myself.........this is exactly the car that I want, a fun offroader & occasional track car all in one..........my wife said..........'keep it as it is....no mods.........'............:biggrin::biggrin:

perhaps I should've started this journal in Mar '07 coz I've changed bodykits, scoops, coilovers, turbos, tmics, sports rims & tires.........all in the span of just over one-and-a-half years....... better late than never I suppose.........

I'll post pics and write-ups of my current setup and over the weeks will add pics of the journey I took to get here.......and then add more as the ride evolves........this is a wonderful forum and I've gleaned much modding info & enjoyed tremendously the fantastic rides you guys have...........:icon_wink: I hope you'll find my journal interesting too.............

This is my forester as she looks now..........

This was how she used to look.........

·
Registered
My07 FXT
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I LOVE gadgets.........yes I'm a GEEK!! haha! I work in the car audio line and my amplifiers have built-in DSP which I can use tune with software......so I thought......why not include a Carputer to tune my amps and also tune my CAR!!

So the vision I had was.........crank it up and Viola! a 'GTR' type display shows up several parameters that I want to monitor and if I wanted to........I could pull over anywhere, adjust my ROM and reflash the ECU at anytime........

So in went the carputer, ICE and a Tactrix Openport 2.0 cable hooked up to the car's OBDII port. I'm still hunting for the perfect Skin but it's all coming together nicely...............:icon_wink:

The Command Center.........:icon_cool:

In-Car Entertainment and Carputer Setup........

Audio Tuning............

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
Wow, your car is hot! :icon_eek: Do you have a close-up of the emblem on your tailgate? It looks like the Forester "F" emblem in the Subaru oval badge. Is it custom-made? I've never seen one like that before.

·
Registered
My07 FXT
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, your car is hot! :icon_eek: Do you have a close-up of the emblem on your tailgate? It looks like the Forester "F" emblem in the Subaru oval badge. Is it custom-made? I've never seen one like that before.
something my friend and I thought up.....it's actually a black gloss sticker over the oem badge and then a laser cut chrome sticker over that for a little 3D effect and finally a clear sticker over the lot for protection.........someone asked me abt this so i put up some pics in this thread.........
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f103/black-forester-pictures-682/index63.html#post463227

gosh just realised it's 5am over here!! haha! gotta go catch some zzzzzzzz!! :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
My07 FXT
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got hold of a complete set of 2007 Forester STI seats!! much, now i won't get tossed ard tat much in corners!! :biggrin:

and decided to sticker up my bonnet coz the watermarks/swirls were beginning to get to me.........lol!

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,587 Posts
Extroardinary car!
One question? How much weight was saved going to the carbon-fiber hood, over the original aluminum?
-Quick

·
Registered
2004 2.0XT (SG5)
50 Posts
Hey mate. How much did you fork out to laminate your bonnet to that lovely carbon fibre look? Cheers mate

·
Registered
2004 2.0XT (SG5)
50 Posts
Hmmm....interesting. May consider it. Just wanna put a contrast for my white ride. Will call you if I decide on it. Cheers mate. Very nice

·
Registered
My07 FXT
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haven't updated my journal for a while..............

some close-ups of the dry carbon look vinyl............stickered my hood, rear spoiler and rear deck strip with it.........

1 - 20 of 127 Posts