Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts

Whoa!! I hope that was intentional and not a Forester falling into a sinkhole! :shock:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ohh, I see you just have found the official Subaru Sweden's press photos. Why don't you just give the link to the whole archive?
The whole archive is here:
http://pressinfo.vegasys.net/servlet/VSP?id=subaru&page=pics.vsp&action=first&$dialog.CODECAT=D&$dialog.CODEGRP=P0029
They also have high res images of all the others Subys on the Swedish market:
http://pressinfo.vegasys.net/servlet/VSP?id=subaru&lang=sv&page=pics_fr.vsp

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
im really liking the 06 alot does anyone have interior shots?

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
kave3 said:
Ohh, I see you just have found the official Subaru Sweden's press photos. Why don't you just give the link to the whole archive?
The whole archive is here:
http://pressinfo.vegasys.net/servlet/VSP?id=subaru&page=pics.vsp&action=first&$dialog.CODECAT=D&$dialog.CODEGRP=P0029
They also have high res images of all the others Subys on the Swedish market:
http://pressinfo.vegasys.net/servlet/VSP?id=subaru&lang=sv&page=pics_fr.vsp
Thanks for the links kave !

·
Registered
28 Posts
You pardon if the translation is not very correct, since my english is not very good

The new Forester has changes in the motors, the interior and the suspensions. Their better qualities are their price, the operation of their gasoline motors and the good balance that has between its stability in highway and rustic zones of little difficulty.

He is ample, if we compared it with other tourism with familiar body (by proportions it looks more like these than to a todoterreno) of similar size (the Forester measures 4.5 ms). It has in disadvantage of which its maletero is rather small dice the little distance available that there is between the bottom and cortinilla tensile that covers it.

It takes a spare wheel of normal measures and hooks, I sweep and hoops to moor and to hang the load.
range is composed by two versions with gasoline motor (of Boxer type) with 158 and 230 CV of maximum power, by 24,300 € and 32,900 € respectively. Anyone of the two versions has a good price (comparative table of prices of the version of 158 CV).All Forester with manual change has system "antiincline" (it is a mechanical system, that it avoids that the vehicle backs down when initiating the slope march),
the new Forester has more equipment than previous range: it can take to control stability (he is only available for most powerful exclusively in combination with the automatic change "SportShift"), new airbags lateral that protects head and thorax (image), waterproof fabric tapestries, more elements to fix the load to the maletero, acoustic warning device of the lap belt and a back cleaning rod a little longer.

Other changes affect the outside of the body (comparative images of the previous version with the new one). Card with the price and equipment of all versiones.Subaru has announced that stops 2007 will have a diesel engine in some models of its range. It will be of 2.0 ls of piston displacement and, like the gasoline versions, it will have Boxer disposition.
the gasoline motors are good by the sensation of acceleration that they give and by its answer.
The 2.0 l of piston displacement is a very smooth and quiet motor. It is a motor that in almost any circumstance is pleasant, although so that it gives the best thing of himself it is necessary to take it to a high regime. Rpm gives the maximum power to 6,400 but rpm with brilliance is able to arrive until 7,000. From the point of view of the benefits this motor is far better that previous the 2.0 of 125 CV (that still mount other Subaru), and maintains a smoothness semejante.

The 2.5 ls I disturb of 230 CV gives a capacity of acceleration (mainly in short marches) surprising. The push that can give is very superior to the one of the atmospheric motors of its power. It has an answer to the fast accelerator in a very ample regime; in spite of being I disturb he is not slow to low regime and it arrives with certain facility until 6,500 rpm (although rpm gives 5,600 the maximum power to).
the manual gear boxes slow are something and have a drive pesado.

Compared with the todoterreno light, the Forester is characterized because it has the best relation between consumption and benefits (for example a Mitsubishi Outlander 2,4 MIVEC 4x4 of 158 CV is slower and consumes more than the Forester of identical power), but is worse in certain aspects compared with some berlines of total traction. Comparative table of benefits and consumption.

The one of 158 CV comes to replace to the versions of 125 and 177 CV of power that had the previous Forester, presented/displayed in 2002. The one of 230 CV replaces to previous of 211 CV.Su the stability in highway is good to be a car of this type. In these circumstances, something better goes than -- for example -- a Mitsubishi Outlander or a Cr-v Sling, (but not as well as a BMW X3), although practicing a style of fast conduction is gotten to appreciate that the height of the body is something greater than the one of a conventional tourism. His it takes hold lateral is not particularly great, had to a certain extent to that their tires are not thought exclusively for the highway; the units of the presentation had a Yokohama Geolander G900. The direction has much attendance (she is light to move), but has good tact and is precise.

Part of the contact taking ran by fast earth tracks, that are not a route sufficient to become idea of its qualities by the field. For a high-priority use by field, the less powerful version is the best alternative by several reasons: the manual versions of 158 CV have reducing (the automatic ones not), has a distance to the slightly greater ground (205 as opposed to 200 mm of the version of 230 CV) and tires with a greater profile (215/60 215/55 R 16 as opposed to R17 of most powerful). In addition, the benefits of most powerful are difficult to operate in tracks or dirt roads. The Forester is a car of 4,485 mm in length and has permanent total traction. By the form of his body and its capacity to roll outside the highway, it is an alternative to cars with familiar body and certain qualities allroad (like for example the Octavia Combi 4x4, that goes more stop of the ground that the rest of the Octavia) or to light todoterrenos (or SUV, like the Mitsubishi Outlander, the Land Rover Freelander, the Nissan X-Trail or the BMW X3).

the block of the 2.0 of 158 CV has the same dimensions that in the previous version. The most important changes are in the butt: the new model has variable distribution ("AVCS "; Activate Valve Control System). The compression ratio is 11.1 to 1, that she is rather high. In the escape there are several changes with the intention of improving the gas flow through all the circuit and to accelerate the heating of the catalyst. On the one hand, the exhaust manifolds (of type 4-2-1) are different, the catalyst is more near the motor and the exit of escape is heavier.
Another measurement to facilitate the heating of the catalyst is a system that introduces exhaust gases within the combustion chamber. It works when the motor is frío.

The engine 2.5 ls I disturb of 230 CV has a greater compression ratio with respect to the previous version of 211 CV of power (8.4 to 1 instead of 8.0 to 1) and has changes in the admission and only it escapes. The regime to which it reaches the maximum power is the same one: 5.600 rpm.Otros changes affect motor both: they have more rigid connecting rods and pistons, valves of sodium escape and hollow stuffed camshafts. Both motor they have the made block and the butt with aluminum. The new Forester range continues having manual gear boxes of five speeds and the 2.5 l now can have an automatic change ("Sportshift") of four speeds.

The routes of the gearshift are a little shorter and Subaru has improved its tact. There are changes in the chassis. According to Subaru, these changes give better tact to the direction and reduce the balance and pitching of carrocería.Las wheels are greater; the 2.0 l has 60 tires 215/R16 and the 2.5 215/55 l has R17. The free distance to the ground is different in both models: less powerful it has 205 mm and the one of 230 CV has 200 mm Other changes in the chassis affect to the rigidity of the body and the suspensions: the body has reinforcements in ring form in the three pillars and the subchassis also have been reviewed; for that reason, the new Forester is more rigid than the previous model. It has aluminum in some pieces, as the supports of paragolpes, the hood, the rails of the ceiling and the frame of the solar ceiling (if it has it installed).

·
Registered
28 Posts
in Spain at least, these are the wheels and tires that bring the 2,5 turbo, in the United States, it brings of 16"?

·
No more Foz !
03 Impreza Sti
1,912 Posts
DeclansDad said:
I wish we could have 17" wheels as a factory option in the states, like this one:

http://www.km77.com/marcas/subaru/2006/forester/gama/gra/11.jpg

215/55/17 Geolanders, wha hooooo! Didn't know Yokahama made the geosquelers in 17" form...interesting.

Michael
Thats what came with My 06 FXT in the UK. Currently on sale as about to be replaced with some 18" Turini Speedlines or PFF7's :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts