Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may noticed, I entered this question in the classifieds by mistake. My apologies, I'm a donkey !!

First off, I would like to mention I just recently puchased my first subie, an 04' fxt. I am hooked!!! I am amazed at the endless possibilities for this ride, and I am thankful for this site and the knowledge of it's members. Thank you all.--------

my question is---- when driving on the highway, at speed I hear a high pitched wheeze? from under my hood. It seems to only happen when the winds are blowing, but not positive. Could this be of concern or is it possibly just wind blowing into my scoop and escaping through gaps in the hood? Are there remedies? Anyone have similar problem?

B

·
0 Posts
I'm right there with you. It's been happening on my 05 FXT and it sounds like it's a high pitched whistle. I even recorded it on my cell phone for proof from the dealer. We've brought it in and they haven't replicated the noise; but have replaced the mirror/window gusset thing that gets so much attention on Subarus.

I wonder if the gusset is the issue?

B

·
0 Posts
Muy bueno, Peaty! Haven't tried it yet, but thanks! My dealer seems blind to this solution. Surprise. I'll try it and post my results.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
Yes I'm having issues with my server I need to find another place to get it uploaded to...

B

·
0 Posts
Back from the dealer, and to their credit they actually figured out that the front windshield seal is the issue and they're going to replace it under warranty. I felt good, knowing that the ScoobyMods solution was not only correct, but ahead of the "technicians" at my dealer. Russell Subaru off of Rt. 40 in Baltimore, FYI.

Many thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts