Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
2014 Touring with Eyesigh CVT
Are you leasing the vehicle? If so it is probably a GPS tracker.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

Registered
19 19 Touring, 17TrgXT CVT

Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
Yeah that looks like an aftermarket tracker. I've seen past threads on here indicating that dealers who try and sell the security system package in the finance room pre-install it on all cars. Both for when they sell you the security package and to track dealer inventory if someone jacks the car. They just forgot to take it out during pre-delivery inspection when you (hopefully) said no to the package.

Registered
2019 Sport cvt
The edge looks like the one in my car, it's fastened at the left edge of the bottom of the dash. Security? tracker of some sort. I was going to push to have it removed but I'd rather not have them messing with the wiring another time to remove it.

Premium Member
2014 Touring with Eyesigh CVT
Do financed cars typically have these things too?
To the best of my knowledge if a person has low credit scores it becoming more common that the dealership could install a GPS tracker. I haven't had any first knowledge that any Subaru dealership has installed a GPS tracker on a financed vehicles but that doesn't mean it will not happen.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

Registered
2015 xt cvt
Does anyone know what this button is for? It is under the dash by the hood release on our 2019 Forester Sport. Thanks
Don't press it it's a self destruct. My dash cam captured the last words of the car burglar saying "what does this button do?"

In my defense, I did have a sticker next to the button that said if you are a burglar please don't press. How was I supposed to know he could not read English.

Registered
2012 impreza manual
Its gps tracker Dude. I saw same when get rental car. As the manager said gps tracker installed on all fleet vehicle nowadays.For their business brings huge savings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts