• Left chrome

Votes: 8 33.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after reading craigr thread about it and his write up and then seeing Dale's(garagexti) in person I decided this is a must do for me as it completely transforms the front of the car. I took tons of pics and plan on doing a pretty in depth write up on some of the things i did differently than craigr.

but first Ill give a teaser since I need some input.

the side area where the turn signals are should that be painted black as well? normally I don't poll since I am usually pretty decisive on my mods but I am really torn on this one.

so what say you do like the rolling stones and paint it black or leave the reflector as it?

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
I'm thinking with the chrome myself... It will look much different too when you put the lens back on and for other driver visibility-wise the chrome will help you when changing lanes etc...

Either way this is gonna look sweet!

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,734 Posts
Keep the inside as is (but spray the whole assembly (minus the chrome bits) the same matte-black so it all matches up right, also spray the red part a satin silver. Chrome would reflect too much, satin silver would make the projector look just a little bigger so it doesn't look lost.

Here's a photoshop of what it could look like.......

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you could always keep the chrome except tint it a bit sorta like tail lights but just a bit
I thought about that, but I think it might look kind of weird since I already did the other stuff in a flat black

This. All black is gonna mess with the turn signal since it is still using a reflector. Without that reflector the light isn't really gonna work.
LED Array turn signal (like the new BMW 335)! :)
would neoshi's idea negate the need for the said reflector?

Keep the inside as is (but spray the whole assembly (minus the chrome bits) the same matte-black so it all matches up right, also spray the red part a satin silver. Chrome would reflect too much, satin silver would make the projector look just a little bigger so it doesn't look lost.

Here's a photoshop of what it could look like.......

that looks great but I already painted the shroud red and I really like the contrast of the red on the dark headlights and the red is a pretty close color to be body color for me.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i decided to leave it chrome for now as I can always go back and paint it later if i change my mind in the future.

first light is done and second is waiting for paint to dry

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i reinstalled them today and it does look a little out of place. Ill prolly take them out and paint them when i get the car back

1 - 20 of 20 Posts