Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 XT, and i'm looking to get some HID headlights. I know there is an option of retrofitting them.

Is there an option of getting factory ones like the STI's have? If so, what would I have to get for that?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,085 Posts
I'm looking into this as well. From my reaseach, the Forester HID headlight option was only offered in Canada, so I'm not sure you could get he parts here in the States. :frown:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
40,085 Posts
I stand corrected. I can get the HID headlights for my 07 FSTX. Prepare to be shocked! :icon_eek:

Option #1: '08 blacked out Forester Sports Headlights - $595.00/set

Option #2: HID headlights - $1450.00/set + Extras (additional parts needed for the upgrade), around $200+

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Administrator
40,085 Posts
I'm kinda leaning towards "Option #1: '08 blacked out Forester Sports Headlights", but most likely after my power MODding. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Bobby, I blacked out the headlights on my '07 and would be glad to help you out, if you want to save some $$$. They sealed-up better than my OEM black headlights.

·
Administrator
40,085 Posts
Ian,

I appreciate the offer, but there more to it. If you recall, I had the windshield replaced due to pitting. Whatever caused that also pitted the headlight plastic. The upgrade to the '08 headlights is a combination of replacing & upgrading... an excuse to spend a bit more, since I'm already more than half ways there. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts