Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT Automatic
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

wanted to gauge the community here, anyone running a HID kit for their fog lights?

The bulb code for the factory fog lights are 9006. I have used DDM kits in the past and the HID bulbs themselves were long and didn't know if they would fit into the housing, or if the housing is robust enough to handle the heat of a HID kit.

Also, there have been questions for running independent fog lights (from the factory the forester's fog lights turn on only when low beams are on, and then turn off when high beams are on). Found this link on nasioc and was wondering if anyone has attempted this: Independent fog lights mod in Impreza WRX STi 08+ - NASIOC

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,187 Posts
^^When you turn your parking lights on, the DRL's are no longer active and the fog lights can be turned on or off?

·
Registered
2012 Forester XT Auto
158 Posts
Once I get a chance to buy some new fog housings (previous owner did some black painted tint to them that severely lowers usefulness and just isn't my taste) and I plan on doing some HID fogs as well. I'd like to do a nice yellow like the factory Lexus setup. Anyone else done this ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts