Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,894 Posts
Hey, noob. Go read all the stickies at the top of this forum, and don't post one more word here till you've done that. And you will address us all as Sir or Ma'am till you accumulate 250 posts.

Oops, you're already a bit over that number. So I guess it's

Welcome Back MarkyD!

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,784 Posts
Welcome back home buddy!! :rock:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Must be here just to fluff up his post count.

Now start telling us something new. :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT PP
10,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, noob. Go read all the stickies at the top of this forum, and don't post one more word here till you've done that. And you will address us all as Sir or Ma'am till you accumulate 250 posts.

Oops, you're already a bit over that number. So I guess it's

Welcome Back MarkyD!
I love you, man. :D

I missed this place, honestly. Thought I'd stop in to say hi. I am in the market for a late 90's early 00's N/A Subaru. In the running is the Forester (post-99 to get a SOHC Phase 2 engine). I'm driving a 98 Camry in the mean time, so I'm in no HUGE rush. Almost pulled the trigger on a '00 Outback, but the wife reeled me in and reminded me how much I talk about how much I miss the Forester. I'm thinking a '00-02 Forester is what I'm looking for. High mileage OK (preferred for $ reasons) as long as it's been maintained!

Fam is good. Bennett is 3 and a half, 4 in March. He's going to a Montessori pre-school that we're thrilled with. He's got musical talent like his old man...he got a little electric drumset and a keyboard for Christmas, and we can't tear him away from either, unless it's to ride the new little Trek bike we got him as well. (He just graduated from his big wheel to the Trek with training wheels...until dad pulls them off in a year or so).

Bronwyn is smack dab in the middle of finishing her Bachelor's at the University of Oklahoma. She's a double major (Mandarin Chinese and Linguistics) just finishing up her Jr year.

I just got hired on as a FTE (Full time employee) at the FAA as a network engineer - upgraded from contractor. Beautiful career move for me, and a nice bump in pay. Now we'll stay afloat instead of drowning to death, I hope :banana: I'm also set to complete my bachelor's of science in Network Engineering this December.

Life is good :biggrin: I miss my Suby more than I ever thought possible.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,519 Posts
I love you, man. :D

I missed this place, honestly. Thought I'd stop in to say hi. I am in the market for a late 90's early 00's N/A Subaru. In the running is the Forester (post-99 to get a SOHC Phase 2 engine). I'm driving a 98 Camry in the mean time, so I'm in no HUGE rush. Almost pulled the trigger on a '00 Outback, but the wife reeled me in and reminded me how much I talk about how much I miss the Forester. I'm thinking a '00-02 Forester is what I'm looking for. High mileage OK (preferred for $ reasons) as long as it's been maintained!

Fam is good. Bennett is 3 and a half, 4 in March. He's going to a Montessori pre-school that we're thrilled with. He's got musical talent like his old man...he got a little electric drumset and a keyboard for Christmas, and we can't tear him away from either, unless it's to ride the new little Trek bike we got him as well. (He just graduated from his big wheel to the Trek with training wheels...until dad pulls them off in a year or so).

Bronwyn is smack dab in the middle of finishing her Bachelor's at the University of Oklahoma. She's a double major (Mandarin Chinese and Linguistics) just finishing up her Jr year.

I just got hired on as a FTE (Full time employee) at the FAA as a network engineer - upgraded from contractor. Beautiful career move for me, and a nice bump in pay. Now we'll stay afloat instead of drowning to death, I hope :banana: I'm also set to complete my bachelor's of science in Network Engineering this December.

Life is good :biggrin: I miss my Suby more than I ever thought possible.
Ya know, Outbacks can be fun too. :lol: Welcome back! :biggrin: Sounds like you are doing well!

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT PP
10,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats man. I worked in ATO-A @ HQ in DC in '06. FAA is a comfy job for sure :)
interesting! I worked for ATO-F (formerly ATO-A) as a contractor. I work in a different LOB now. It's amazing how different things are between lines of business.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT PP
10,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya know, Outbacks can be fun too. :lol: Welcome back! :biggrin: Sounds like you are doing well!

um, that thing is frickin sweet. Love the lights. The one I'm looking at is actually identical to yours...it's a 00 with the same paint scheme. 175k on the clock, but looks amazing in the pics. Too bad it's 3 hours away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts