Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
done shopping! thanks guys!

SEE BELOW FOR MY LATEST POST! THANKS GUYS!

Hi, new here! I dont own a forester yet but i figured i'll register now to this awesome site as its only a matter of time til i do. i plan to purchase one in the next 2 weeks. :p
having said that, what do you guys think about this email offer:

2010 Forester 2.5X Premium Automatic (Steel Silver with gray cloth)
all weather package
all weather floor mats
splash guards (installed)
remote engine starter (installed)
cargo tray

23956.00 price
2100.96 sales tax
342.00 license fee
8.75 tire fee
20.00 smog abatement fee
55.00 doc fee
---
$26,482.71 ~ out the door price

is this offer good or bad? what else can i press the guy to add. lifetime oil change? will it be worth it? they are 50 miles away from me. lol!

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,002 Posts
You can do better. Shop this e-mail against other local dealers to get a lower price.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i ran some numbers off edmunds and truecar and the price seems great already. kbb wont let me be more specific. kbb doesn't even have X Premium in automatic as a selection.

here they are:
truecar
great ~ 23811
truaverage ~ 24263
good price ~ 24398
invoice ~ 24156
truecost ~ 23409

edmunds
What Others Are Paying ~ 24246
invoice ~ 23934
msrp ~ 25598

here is the build and the price again... (this is what i ran on edmunds and truecar)
all weather package
all weather floor mats
cargo tray
---
$23,956.00 price

·
Registered
2010 Forester
121 Posts
In Florida, you can get them at the Edmunds reported invoice price. You could probably do better if you like to haggle. That's almost $750 less than the "what everyone else is paying" price on Edmunds.

I targeted getting it for $500 under the what the others pay price and asked dealers for bids via the Internet and gave the deal to the best offer. Again, I'm sure I could have done a bit better, but didn't feel like going through any more aggravation (I hate buying cars) so we went with it.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! still shopping here! this internet/email shopping is fun and painless! way better than going to a lot and haggling back and forth.
3 dealerships asked for the actual email for that price i mentioned above and one just came back to me telling me that they will beat the offer by $200. so i just replied with this:

nice! ok. not to get too hasty though coz like i said i want to get the best deal i can get online before i go to a lot. im sure you follow my drift. :)

so this is for a - Steel Silver 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium Automatic 4-speed w/
- All-Weather Package
- Remote Engine Start (installed)
- Splash Guard Kit (installed)
- All-Weather Mats
- Cargo Tray

kindly show me your price breakdown (best price you're offering, TT&L, doc prep fee, etc) showing where youre giving me that $200.
:Banane36: :bananapartyhat: :Banane08:

·
Registered
10 forester x
64 Posts
prices

Dont feel bad guys were i live P.R. i paid 27,000 for a manual forester x 2010im not happy with the price i no i paid more that it shoueld cost, but to late for me ( example 1 1/2 ago 2009 forester x aut. i saw the price 26,500 i can see the price in the states a for that same car it cost around 20,600 with out taxes 26 000 wtih all those extras is like WHAT!!

·
Registered
10 FORESTER 2.5X PZEV
13 Posts
PRICES

I just bought a new '10 Forester 2.5X with Automatic Transmission, steel silver with gray cloth for $20,200. I used a website to have delaerships compete, it was a great tool and I got a good buy. I had to go 100 miles out of town but it was worth it.:icon_razz:

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
If you wait til like the last few days of the month, you can probably get it for invoice or maybe a hundred under.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i went with this...

Spark Silver 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium
w/ All Weather Package
front underspoiler
security system shock sensor
splash guards
all-weather mats
cargo tray
---
$23502

remote start can wait. i saw somebody posting that they got a remote start kit for $110 shipped. i'll try to get a hold of that guy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
SEE BELOW FOR MY LATEST POST! THANKS GUYS!

Hi, new here! I dont own a forester yet but i figured i'll register now to this awesome site as its only a matter of time til i do. i plan to purchase one in the next 2 weeks. :p
having said that, what do you guys think about this email offer:

all weather package
all weather floor mats
cargo tray

23956.00 price
2100.96 sales tax
342.00 license fee
8.75 tire fee
20.00 smog abatement fee
55.00 doc fee
---
$26,482.71 ~ out the door price

is this offer good or bad? what else can i press the guy to add. lifetime oil change? will it be worth it? they are 50 miles away from me. lol!
brought my from subaru in irvine california for $25,300 out the door price. it was a 2.5x, 4cyl, premium with a few extras automatic. brought it off the internet. went to dealer signed papers and was out in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
You can do better.... I have all of those features, except the splash guards and remote engine start on my 09 and i got it for about $23,000. Ended up tacking on Rally Armor Mudflaps and I'm working on the Remote Engine start now... so it'll be about $23,500 total... Shop around... You'll find something.

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh thanks for the replies guys but im already done shopping. here was my 'supposed' final post on this thread.

i went with the nearest subaru dealership (20 miles) compared to 50-100 miles away dealerships. they basically matched the best online quote ive gotten so i just went with them. im sure i could have saved a few more hundreds but let's just say, my 'situation' didn't really warrant it. :) bottomline i am happy with the purchase.

i tried changing the topic header to this ~ done shopping! thanks guys! ~ but it seems like the original text is retained. :?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts