Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
06 XTen
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all!

New to Subaru's, I'd never even sat in a scooby of any sort before. I have my fun car (Currently a Mustang, but previously a chevy...hence the name), and a daily driver, which up until recently was a Saab 9-5 estate.

Sold that, and did a search on our autotrader site for Estate-Leather-2.5L, and amongst a lot of Volvo's, Saabs, and Jags, was a 2006 XT 2.5L in black.

Took it for a spin, checked the docs (included a pro-drive ECU chip install) and now she's all mine. 4 Wheel drive especially welcome with a bit of snow around.

Paul

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
657 Posts
Those are some pretty exotic hobby cars you have, for Central England - don't they tax by the c.c. over there?

At 5+ liters, a Rustang must cost a fortune every year.....

·
Registered
06 XTen
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are some pretty exotic hobby cars you have, for Central England - don't they tax by the c.c. over there?

At 5+ liters, a Rustang must cost a fortune every year.....
Thanks for the welcome notes!

The Mustang cost the same in tax as my Saab 9-5, as a personal import annual road tax level is capped.:woohoo:
(about $300)

However, the subaru is clobbered with tax, and will cost me twice as much as the Mustang. #1 CO2 emissions, and #2 simply for the fact it's a 4x4, and as such are a bourgeois excess unless driven by farmers. :crazy:

Fickin' commie government.:mob:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts