Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the Subaru Forester club during the summer with a 2008 X Premium @ 21.5k miles and now 3K miles into it I am certain I made the right choice. I was shopping mostly nicer 05-06 accords but was intrigued with Foresters. The longer I didn't buy a honda and kept driving different Foresters my comfort level grew. I drove this one and it felt right and I went for it!

Ultimatley for the urban driving I do day to day {and I really don't drive every day} in San Francisco the Forester is perfect and I decided I'd rather have something I could throw my bicycle into easier than the accord trunk and not care so much about a snazzier interior and gadgets. I have to fold a mirror in to drive into my garage but once inside it takes up less room than my old accord '95 coupe or a '97 camry. But the big mirrors {and the great visibility} are a couple of the turn ons for me about this car. And it doesn't scrape coming onto the driveway either! Tight turns, easy to park, great visibility the urban driving goodness continues to provide.

This is Subaru #2 in my lifetime. My first subie was the first car I ever bought with my own money back in 1987/88. I paid $800 cash for the little subie coupe with no air {in Texas} and it lasted me a good 4 years with some work on it that I did mostly myself. I have enjoyed some great memories of that car since buying the new one.

This forum was invaluable in helping me make smart shopping decisions during my car search and I look forward to hanging out.

And I'll try a pic out from the 1st road trip it took up to Mt Lassen in Northern California:

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Very nice looking Forester! Thanks for posting a picture. :cool:

Bobby...

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Ahh.. I left my <3 in San Francisco...

No seriously. Can't wait to come home in two weeks.

94116!!!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Ahh.. I left my <3 in San Francisco...

No seriously. Can't wait to come home in two weeks.

94116!!!
What are the dates you'll be around for? I've been thinking of throwing up a little drive in the next few weeks. I'm sure you could catch a ride with some of the SF folk.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
26 (i'll arrive in the afternoon)-30. i think 29th is blocked out because it's my dad's birthday. well, it's pretty much a jam packed weekend. have to rendevous with a nasioc guy for his gr2s, three groups of friends to hang out with (sadly... they can't get over their differences so now we have to visit our former single large group on separate occassions...) but i'll be totally down with the idea if i can plan the others around it!

there's always december too. i think i'll be home 24th-3rd.

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
971 Posts
welcome from Holland MI, I left my heart (as well as my datsun roadster) in SF like Neoshi. Won't be back for thanksgiving, but will be back for Christmas!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts