Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester GT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

26 year old kiwi here living in New Zealand in a town called Whangarei.

I own a 99 GT Forester (I didnt know the GT model existed till I argued with my insurance company, then googled it haha).

Mods are as follow:

Lowered on KYB Shocks
Unknown Springs (In it when I purchased it)
18" DTM Blitz Wheels in Hyper Black
Exhaust
Full Body Kit
07 Scoop
Pod Filter (Not my choice but havent changed it yet)

Had a full rebuild 20k ago with 2000 Legacy parts.

My plans are to change this into a drift spec'd time attack type forester.

I have lined up a some slotted rotars, street race pads, adjustable suspension, and redoing exhaust from manifold area to the gearbox aera to mnake it breathe freely.

After I free flow exhaust and make it stop better (suspension will have to wait to go in) I want to upgrade the turbo, fuel pump and put a fuel regulator in.

Once thats done put the adjustable suspension on and put some serious negative camber on the back wheels.

My aim is to have it running 11 second 1/4 miles so eventually a new engine build will be needed.

I absolutely love subarus and have previously had a 1990 RS Legacy which was fantastic.

I have owned many cars, including an Evo 4 (Unfortunatley my ex wife purchased it before we got together and it was a lemon if you ask me), a MR2, 2 Toyota Levins, 94 Honda (or Acura in The States I think) Accord and even a classic 1979 Jag XJ6.

Also run my own car club here in my town called 'Black 13'.

Here to ask questions since my build is going to be quite epic and make new friends so would welcome a message anytime.

Im into other things as well, music, photography, im a bit of a techie computer wise as well. Love to travel not that I have done much and good food.

Thanks for reading and please say hi.

LJ

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Hello and welcome
Some mods you got there :biggrin:

·
Registered
1999 Forester GT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and welcome
Some mods you got there :biggrin:
Haha thanks, modding is quite huge in NZ there are not many people sub 30 who leave their cars standard anymore lol

Hopefully the list will grow quite considerably haha

And thanks :)

Love the snow pic you use as your avatar, I take it your cars under there somewhere :p

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,720 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Nice looking Forester! Thanks for posting pictures! :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Love the snow pic you use as your avatar, I take it your cars under there somewhere :p
Haha. ye I suppose. I found it under there after I took the pic a year ago :biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 2.0 XT
50 Posts
Hey and welcome!

i spent 6 mths in VUW (Wellington) and travelled to most of North Island and South Island, as well as Stewart Island. Lovely country.

Cheers~

·
Registered
1999 Forester GT
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey and welcome!

i spent 6 mths in VUW (Wellington) and travelled to most of North Island and South Island, as well as Stewart Island. Lovely country.

Cheers~
Cool, Ive been to Wellington once, im north of Auckland so its quite a big trip downt hat way :)

·
Registered
1997 subaru forester
3 Posts
sorry 4 dah long 1 bro im ub in auckz bro

youv got a mean ride broo iv gt a sf5 97 n i was planin own gettin DTMz dishes ay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts