1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum --
New to Subaru. Traded a 2003 Acura CL.

I've had the Forester for 3 days and I'm loving it.

I'm considering some additions such as the Wheel Arch Molding Kit. But $350 just for the parts? What's up with that?

Also considering the tweeter and subwoofer. I saw the thread saying how easy the tweeter installation is. Is the sub easy too?

I could kick myself for not taking the cargo net out of the Acura, so wondering if anyone finds those useful. I never used it in the Acura.

I was able to stow a lot of stuff in the Acura trunk ... it seems like there isn't as much "out of sight" room in the Forester.

Thanks for any insights you can offer!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,750 Posts
Welcome from (used to live in) Columbia. Where exactly are you located? The more you can tell us about you and your ride, the greater the chance that we can give good info about local sources of parts and maintenance, and even volunteer to come over and help with the wrenching. (Though if I actually pronounced your screen name, it could come out sounding like you grew up right in the heart of Ballmer, Hon! So maybe that's the answer?) :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
The tweeters and sub are both pretty easy to install yourself..

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,752 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so we can look it over. :wink:

Also considering the tweeter and subwoofer. I saw the thread saying how easy the tweeter installation is. Is the sub easy too?
The tweeter kit installation should be an easy 10-15 minute installation. I'd guess the factory subwoofer is plug & play, but you'll have to get to the back of the head unit to install the wiring harness.

I was able to stow a lot of stuff in the Acura trunk ... it seems like there isn't as much "out of sight" room in the Forester.
When I store stuff in the cargo area, I use the privacy curtain, plus my Forester has tinted glass, so it's hard to see stuff stored inside. :smile:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Legacy GT
23 Posts
what part of maryland you from?

I was just in Wesminster visiting family... there's like a million STI's running around there.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome glad to have you here.

As others ask where in Maryland, you can always update your Profile and also add some vehicle info to your Signature, that way it shows up every time you post helping with model specific responses. And as far as a more accurate location, you might find somebody local to you that shares your enthusiasm or meets going on nearby or worth the drive.:biggrin:
You can accomplish all this just by using the pull-down menu in Quick Links. Edit Profile and Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmission and you're good to go.

Enjoy the forum and your new ride.

·
Registered
246 Posts
hello from the dirty south! Also the second thing I did was ditch the stock HU and front door speakers....Im pretty happy with my upgrades

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I never heard of IAG until I drove past them last night. Actually I had to look up STI in the glossary.

@bbottomley, I'm in Owings Mills and bought from the dealer located there. I understand Bawlmerese, but don't speak it myself ;)

@bellatech, thanks for that link. Egads. I was attracted to the wheel arch guards bec. my Forester has a ding right on the flare (have to go get it fixed this week) so I thought that might be a weak area. I guess I'll take my chances on dings.

I don't actually listen to the radio much when I drive, so I doubt I'll replace the receiver itself. Probably won't do the tweeter/sub additions either.

Anyone have thoughts on that Front Underguard? Is that akin to adding the wheel arch guards (i.e. an invitation to rust and corrosion)?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,750 Posts
I'm in Owings Mills and bought from the dealer located there. I understand Bawlmerese, but don't speak it myself ;)
My daughter bought her Impreza there, and I got my Forester at their Herb Gordon place in Silver Spring.

Likewise regarding Bawlmerese. Here's a link to a good glossary.

Check out Good Dog's recommendations regarding location and signature (above). Good advice.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,752 Posts
I don't actually listen to the radio much when I drive, so I doubt I'll replace the receiver itself. Probably won't do the tweeter/sub additions either.
You'll be surprised how much difference the tweeter upgrade will make, even if all you listen to is talk radio! :cool:

Anyone have thoughts on that Front Underguard? Is that akin to adding the wheel arch guards (i.e. an invitation to rust and corrosion)?
This has been discussed in depth & there are many views on this subject. As for me, I did this. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts