Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1998 s/tb
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody
I have just bought a 98 n/a ej20 manual *** forester that is not in very good condition.....
The reason for this is i wanted a manual forester and they are really hard to find here in Dubai.
The upside is here in the UAE there are a lot of subaru parts (new/used) for all models available for really cheap.
I already have some parts to start upgrading my forester and joined this site hoping that i might find some help when needed (will 100% be needed).

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,949 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester. Post up a picture so the members can look it over. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
1998 s/tb
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.
I will try to get some pictures up tomorow.
I will also get some pics of the parts i have that im hoping to...... lets say modify the mess that i have bought.
I have a forester s/tb manual *** spec half cut with full running gear and a 98 impreza sti manual *** spec with brakes, diffs, shafts, suspension and full upgrade exhaust.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5 speed manual.
744 Posts
Welcome to the boards, try to not drift on the highway now, y'hear? ;)

Looks like you've got a heck of a project on your hands, there!

·
Registered
2010 Forester
25 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hey, I am brand new here too!

FYI, I have been to Dubai 3 times for the past 16 months as I have some good friends living there and also in Abu Dhabi. I stayed at my friend's villa in Mirdif. Where do you reside?

·
04 XS Prem Gold
2004 2.5 XS Premium 4EAT
279 Posts
ScoobyDubaiDoo,

Welcome!

Dubai, eh? I have a friend who's been over there working (at Port East, Jebel Ali Port) for a decade or so. He, his wife and son seem to really love it.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Welcome from Canada ! One of our local guys just moved out to Dubai and brought his WRX with him. Its got a lot of go fast bits underneath.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
25 Posts
Welcome from Canada ! One of our local guys just moved out to Dubai and brought his WRX with him. Its got a lot of go fast bits underneath.
So he relocated to Dubai WITH his WRX?? I suppose he bought his vehicle here in Canada ... then I am not sure whether it will survive the extreme heat there.

A friend from Dubai told me even if it's the same model, cars from the same manufacturer shipped to one region will receive particular "weather treatment" pertaining to that region. That's why I wonder ......

·
Registered
jean jeanlee411
1 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
A college friend of mine is from UAE.
Thanks for the welcome.
I will try to get some pictures up tomorow.
I will also get some pics of the parts i have that im hoping to...... lets say modify the mess that i have bought.
I have a forester s/tb manual *** spec half cut with full running gear and a 98 impreza sti manual *** spec with brakes, diffs, shafts, suspension and full upgrade exhaust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts