Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Forester
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 1999 2 litre Forester I bought this March - The engine is pretty high mileage 151 K Miles when I got it. But the car is clean and runs well :woohoo:

Since then we have added another couple of thousand including about 380 towing a small caravan (trailer).

The service history is OK up to 2006 then nothing - I replaced the cambelt (timing belt), some pulleys and the tensioner. Judging by the looks the belt was almost new, however the tensioner had some tell-tale paint marks that suggested it was a secondhand item.

The other replacement I had to do was the Filler pipe had rusted out so this has been replaced with a scrapyard special that was derusted painted and undersealed with a Waxoil underseal.

Oh yes we had a drama with the sunroof so now it is staying shut. :evilatyou:

Unfortunately reversing out of my parking space I caught the wheel arch / front bumper on a low wall. As a result the bumper has dropped about a quarter inch - and defies my attempts to raise it - I think it has jumped out of a couple of clips - so now it looks as if I will have to remove the bumper and refit it correctly.

All in all we are very pleased with the car :Banane35:

Jon

·
Registered
99 Forester
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you

Thanks to you all for a welcome onto this site.

I will be posting a picture as soon as I have passed the 15 post limit.

To be honest I do not agree with posting loads of waffle just to get past that hurdle so it may be a week or so before I get there. :Banane08:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts