Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying Hi! from good old CT. Glad to see everything is up and running again. If anyone from CT wants to say hi again...go for it! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello :)

I was just thinking about this place this morning on my way to work... had a silver XT behind me, and a couple of cars behind him was a new 06 FXT. It got me thinking... Hmmm...hadn't checked in in a while...

·
Registered
934 Posts
hi in ct i dont live there but i know for a fact the speeding tickets up there are expensive

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,204 Posts
foresterxtguy said:
hi in ct i dont live there but i know for a fact the speeding tickets up there are expensive
True, but considering the traffic jams it's hard to even get up to speed!

·
Registered
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
foresterxtguy said:
I live here and I can totally agree. In March 2004 I got a ticket for "speeding"...the officers were both out of their cars (I was passing a one-car accident on a back road at the time) and they had no radar devices on me. The ticket was $90...all for just looking like I was going too fast. They pulled me over basically on foot...I wasn't in the Forester...had my mom's 99 Outback at the time...needless to say, I was quite unhappy...and I don't drive that car much anymore :wink:

·
Registered
934 Posts
i was on lovely rt 84 and "they" pulled me out of a group of cars going the same speed. me being the out of state driver...

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,204 Posts
I'd be happy to share my migration route between MD and NH that avoids CT with anybody who's interested. It was I-84 that drove me to it.

I'm considering a number of different plans for what I'll do when I get reincarnated, but one possibility is to become a world famous psychologist who figures out what causes traffic jams that have no apparent cause. This will necessitate a lot of field research in CT.

·
Registered
934 Posts
that would be great... but how far out of the way does it take me? I drive up to maine a couple times a year and i think thats the shortest way so far.
but very intrested in a new way

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,204 Posts
Jersey Turnpike to Garden State

(Actually I avoid a good bit of the Turnpike by taking I-295 up to Exit 7, but you're probably already aware of this part of the route.)

Garden State to the top (i.e., the usual stuff)

I-287 east to Palisades Parkway north

Palisades Parkway / 9W to I-84 at Newburgh

(Alternate route, possibly a bit longer but faster but not free would be I-287 west to NY Thruway to I-84. This would be a safer route during winter weather.)

I-84 east to Taconic Parkway.

Taconic Parkway north to NY 23.

NY 23 becomes Mass 23 to US 7 in Great Barrington (Dunkin Donuts!)

US 7 through Stockbridge to Mass 102 to Mass Pike.

Mass Pike to your ultimate destination.

I've found that this route adds a guaranteed half hour to the trip, but it eliminates the massive uncertainties associated with I-84 in CT.

·
Registered
59 Posts
AutoXchick said:
Hello :)

I was just thinking about this place this morning on my way to work... had a silver XT behind me, and a couple of cars behind him was a new 06 FXT. It got me thinking... Hmmm...hadn't checked in in a while...

Hey you made it back to the site - good to see you the other day. I take it the Miata is asleep for the winter? Maybe we can find a nice stretch of highway again and do some spirited driving. See you on the road.

Kevin

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ahhh - that *was* you! :)

Yeah - Miata is mostly sleeping for the winter... We finally dug it out of the foot of snow it was buried in last wednesday night, I drove it Friday.

I quit my crappy job though - so I won't be seeing you on my morning commute for a while...

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,698 Posts
Hey guys...we should get the whole lot of you to descend on a certain geographical point in CT...

...and have a mini-meet!! :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Roo said:
Hey guys...we should get the whole lot of you to descend on a certain geographical point in CT...

Would love it but based on past threads (old database) not to many people are really located in CT, most just travel through our lovely high tax state.

Seriously though I would love to be involved in a CT Subie event.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,698 Posts
sleeper_xt said:
Roo said:

Would love it but based on past threads (old database) not to many people are really located in CT, most just travel through our lovely high tax state.

Seriously though I would love to be involved in a CT Subie event.

Kevin
Umm...this would be more of a mission than a casual get-together... :twisted:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,204 Posts
Most of my writings regarding CT have centered on how to avoid it! :evil:

Actually I don't always avoid it. My brother-in-law lives there and we frequently stop for a visit. He's a senior engineer in the state highway department, specializing in bridges. Considering that the state's basic bridge design was found to be structurally unsound, I think he's assured of lifetime employment!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wouldn't be against a small meeting. I've managed to miss all the NESIC meets from Nasioc - so it would be neat to meet some fellow Subie owners.

Maybe we should all figure out where would be central for us?

·
Captain Obvious
2005 Forester XT 4EAT
379 Posts
AutoXchick said:
I wouldn't be against a small meeting. I've managed to miss all the NESIC meets from Nasioc - so it would be neat to meet some fellow Subie owners.

Maybe we should all figure out where would be central for us?
I wouldn't mind a small meet either. Please no I-84 though! I can get to Westfarms via I-91 and city streets. :D

It's amazing how traffic changes at the MA/CT border!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts