Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just thought i'd introduce myself as a new owner, bought Toshers S turbo and really liking it. Ok not really flush at the moment but i'd like to improve the performance a bit, not keen on changing the turbo as i like the idea of this one coming on boost early doors, so what do you guys recomend, probably got £200ish to spend, car already has a panel filter upgrade and a H&S back box ?

Ta Bubblehad.

·
Registered
1997 Forester S/TB Automatic
90 Posts
Hi mate,
Good car that - you want to sell the bodykit?:cool:

If you want even better performance then spend £150 on an HDI SE Boost Controller. Or £120 on one without its own boost solenoid.
With that you can adjust all your boost pressures and changeable at the touch of a button.

Controllers are available from Harvey: http://www.geocities.com/harveysmith3000/partsandproducts.html

And for fitting instructions check out our own Mike Porter's Guide: HDI SBC-D-SE Boost Controller Install : (mykp.co.uk)

Just make sure you buy a boost gauge first to ensure you do not overboost.:tissue:

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Hi and welcome. :biggrin:

I would spash out £40ish and get it on a rolling-road straight away before you do anything. That way you are going to get a base-line for whatever changes you make in the future, as well and being able to check for any current problems via the AFR plot.

Rich

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been thinking about selling the body kit and refitting the original parts not sure what its worth though, if i did i'd probably go back to standard alloys and sell the others on and take it back to stock completely. Still mulling it over but it does look good at the moment, Tosh made a nice job of it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts