Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I'm new here. We just picked up our Forester Limited a few weeks ago. I think that I fit a certain profile......middle class family with a couple of kids and a dog! We ditched our 2004 Civic with a bad clutch, other car is a 2012 Pilot that we LOVE! I'm so excited to have only AWD vehicles in the stable now! This is our second Subaru. We had a 2009 outback before the two kids......got an Odyssey, then the Pilot. There are a bunch of firsts with this car. It's the first car with a backup camera. It's the first car with a sunroof. It's the first car with "leather" seats.....heated also. First car with an automatic tailgate. First car with remote start - looking forward to that in January. It's the first car that tries to keep me in my lane and acts like it's smarter than me. It's all very exciting. My only complaint so far is the clunky engine start/stop. I'm hoping that the starts smooth out in time because I'm not loving it. Anyway, that's me. Happy to be here!

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
My only complaint so far is the clunky engine start/stop. I'm hoping that the starts smooth out ...
Hey ,welcome to the board.
I think there's a button or switch you can use to deactivate that worthless feature...every time you drive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As mentioned above, you can deactivate the auto stop with a button above your left knee. We turn it off every time we drive the Forester. I wish it could be automatically deactivated every time.

I don’t expect the smoothness to improve. I also am concerned about the long term wear traded for a little saved fuel. But again we will not be using it.

Otherwise, we also love our 2019 Forester. I am amazed in the technology and safety improvements in the current generation. Improved safety is the reason we upgraded both our primary vehicles this year.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your Forester.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,937 Posts
Welcome. You will now have a "real" AWD vehicle ;)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. You will now have a "real" AWD vehicle ;)
Ha! Thanks for the welcome! Actually, the AWD system on the Pilot is pretty good. It's nothing like the "wait till a front wheel spins, then wait a few more seconds" system on the CR-V. It's sending power back from every stop and tapers off as you gain speed, it continuously senses slip and uses braking in place of an LSD, much like this subaru. It also has a "VTM lock" mode, much like X mode. I have zero complaints and it has punched way above its weight. I'd say its biggest snow driving downfall is its weight and higher center of gravity. The Subaru is going to be a better snow car. Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts