Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5x
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hi to all from Alaska. Been reading the forums for ever. Just recently purchased a 2004 Forester with 80K miles on it, well taken care of. My wife is the one that mainly drives it - I get a chance now and then. I love it and am thinking about selling my vehicle and buying one as well!

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited
11 Posts
Hi from Arizona

Hello from Arizona.. My wife and I are new to the Subie world. I guess from everything that I've heard and read, your Subaru is barely broken in.
Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,700 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your '04 Forester purchase. Post up a picture so the forum members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Arizona.You will learn a lot over here.Congratulations on purchase

·
Registered
2005 Impreza Sportwagon
166 Posts
Howdy DB, that 80K was just from it's first trip to the shop and back, hehe! (seeing as you guys have all that space up there)
Do you know an Al Jackson? (he is from Alaska) --- just kidding --- enjoy...:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,791 Posts
Lurker becomes owner becomes member. Welcome! We’re glad to have you here.

We encourage our members to provide an honest to goodness geographical location in their profile. The more fine-grained, the better! This is helpful to all of us in suggesting local sources of parts and service (and offering personal help). The next thing that would be useful is to put the vital info about your Forester into your signature. Year, model, and transmission type should do it. That lets us do a better job targeting our answers to any of your questions, and it makes it so that you don't have to remember to include this info in the text of your posts if you’re asking for assistance or advice.

In case you haven't already come across it, we've got a great FAQ sort of thread called Common problems, need your help! that everybody ought to become familiar with. It will point you to some of the best posts on how to deal with a lot of the more common situations you might encounter. And also look at the stickies up at the top of each forum's listings for answers to many of the most significant aspects of owning a Forester.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5x
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome guys!
bbottomley, thanks for the links, lots of good info.

I'm in Fairbanks, Alaska - smack dab in the middle of the state. We are in the middle of a snow storm and I have a crappy camera so this is the best picture I have right now :)

My next step is to add some driving lights or "moose lights" as they are called up here (not sure if they will go on the bumper or up top). I might need to upgrade my alternator before I do that as the vehicle has aftermarket heated seats in it and I am not sure if the stock alternator would handle everything alright.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,700 Posts
Thanks for posting a picture. That looks COLD! :icon_eek: I guess I'll stop complaining about the rain here in Oregon! :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5x
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It actually is not too cold yet, only 20F, wind is blowing so the wind chill factor kicks in. It is supposed to get to -20F this next week though, I hope the weather guys are wrong.

Thanks for posting a picture. That looks COLD! :icon_eek: I guess I'll stop complaining about the rain here in Oregon! :wink:

Bobby...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts