Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 2.0 xt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello every one im new here HELP..i used to drive merc so now juz recently bought used 2004 XT 2.0 mileage 20k. Can someone address me regarding white smoke i try to read all the forum but get some confusion. First white or blue smoke coming out from the pipe when idle if i rev up after few minute starting my car, then no smoke after i drove. I try to check at the workshop they say could be the piston ring or the valve seal. Its hard to trust people at the workshop. So any idea as im going to change the oil first. My coolent at d moment using just water.

Thanks. Hope its not going for overhaul.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls! :bacon:

The blue smoke doesn't sound normal, but white steam while the engine in still warming up is common when the weather is cooler.
If you search for "blue smoke" you should be able to find some helpful info.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,857 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck researching your smoking issue. If I read correctly, you're using just water for coolant? If so, I'd recommend using a Subaru approved coolant & conditioner. Antifreeze does more than prevent freezing, it raises the bowling point & prevents metal corrosion. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Bienvenido from the Mission.

Isn't blue-ish white smoke coming from the tailpipe and indication of a rich fuel mixture? Thought it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts