Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how she looked before i started spending money...

my first mod because the front endlinks started clicking and decided to get bigger sways while changing them.

then someone talked me into a manual trans and if it was going to happen might as well go a full 9

hopefully will be done tomorrow but at least she can be pushed around

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,937 Posts
Always good to see another member claiming their own piece of the forum! :cool:

Suspension MODs to a complete STi transmission swap! :icon_eek: Make sure you post lots of pictures! :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
so you went with a full 6 speed swap...impressive for a second mod:biggrin:
kinda went all out. got the 6spd, sti intercooler, sti up-pipe, erz catted downpipe, P&L catback, vf39, walboro 255, sti brakes, Tokico D-spec, Swift Spec-R Springs, cobb ap v2. i got a perrin hot air intake :p but i want to get her tuned with that and a larger intercooler i bought before i put them on.:woohoo:

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm not actually doing the install. Slizzan99 on NASIOC is doing the work. has most of it done. just doing the wiring which is still up in the air on whether i'll have cruise. i can always spend another grand in parts and labor to get all the sti wiring and cluster...i'm just going to hope it can be done. guy who sold me the trans didn't include the wiring harness for the speed sensor, so i'm looking for that. also the cross member for the sti doesn't exactly fit so i need one from manual forester. hope to have it hope by wed-thursday...

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Now aren't the ECU's for auto/manual different ? How did you get around that one ?

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got to drive her today. it was very weird getting in and having to press the clutch in to start...actually i didn't have to depress the clutch, but old habits die hard. things i didn't get and wish i knew i needed. manual forester trans crossmember, and vehicle speed sensor harness. both are holding up finishing the build. the bypass valve i got from forge didn't come with the metal piece that goes into the hose and the stock one i have is one piece and not 2 pieces like wrx's. at this point she's nickel and diming me to death but we are almost there. had to get a rear o2 since mine was seized on to the stock dp. waiting on 2 axle pins, 1 lower starter bolt, foz manual trans cross member, wrx bypass, and a vehicle speed sensor harness. the larger intercooler i ordered from import image never came in either. they refunded me my loot today. on saturday i drove 2 hours to go pick up a sti intercooler i found on indianaimpreza.com.

getting really close and am hoping these few dealer parts come in soon...and i hope i find a bypass cause i don't want to by a it new from the dealer. it's friggin crazy what they want for it.

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
few things i would have gotten if i had waited a week...04 STi cluster, complete wiring harness...but i was in a rush since the guy doing the install was leaving in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i feel like i am being nickle and dime'd to death. if it isn't one thing it's another, but at least it's burning gas. hope to have it all done by wed...if i get my parts :\ . i hope to have the 3 broken studs on the rear hub fixed and the intercooler done tonight...then alignment. next wed, cross member gets put in and i'm done

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i didnt because i wasnt there for most of the build. stopped in a few times to drop off parts. i picked her up last thursday and finished up a few things. i got the forester manual crossmember yesterday and will do that myself thise weekend. also got new rotors and pads. kinda wish i had just gotten a new clutch and flywheel...it works fine but i'm thinking next year i'll have to get one if i go with a big turbo

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium
89 Posts
When it's all said and done I'd love it if you could post the final list of parts, and what it cost if you don't mind... if there's one mod I would like to do, it's exactly what you're doing. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When it's all said and done I'd love it if you could post the final list of parts, and what it cost if you don't mind... if there's one mod I would like to do, it's exactly what you're doing. :biggrin:
list of parts i used but they are not all necessary.

sti trans
sti rear diff
forester manual trans crossmember
sti starter
front and rear sti hubs
front and reat sti axles
driveshaft
front and rear sti brakes
sti ecu
vf39

i might have missed a few things.
price varies depending on source.

·
Registered
2009 Ralliart SST
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you'd think with the money i put into it i might as well have just bought the a new clutch and flywheel...nOOoo, i thought i'd save a few bucks and just use the stock one that came with it...it had some meat on the disk...i thought it would last me a year. wRong...slipping like a mother. now i have to do it with some help from friends :(

now no protune for another 3-4 weeks to give me time to install and break in new clutch

1 - 20 of 44 Posts