Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 228 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
RB mudflaps arrived Friday. Installed this morning. Was trying to wait on some SF.org decals before installing them, couldn't wait. ....

Did break two of the speed nuts trying to get them into their location. Luckily my LAS has a collection of them.

Instructions spot on. I decided to remove rear wheels which made access worry free.

Sent from my Non-Zack Morris phone

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Replaced both rear brake light bulbs. Driver side burnt out. Passenger side soon to follow. Realized the 3rd high mount brake light was out. $107 for the LED bulbs from my preferred stealership. :surprise::frown2:

Diode Dynamics doesn't have one for the SH body style....

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
One dead high mounted 3rd brake light.....

Best price I could find through SubaruGenuineParts....:surprise: And it is the whole assembly, not LED light only per SOA. No viable aftermarket option available. :frown2:

I was able to get a local dealership to price match.... Which they did. But I still paid $.50 more than if I had it shipped.

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yup.

Even the dealership was surprised. More so when I opened the box in front of them to show what it entailed.

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Been putting off washing the XT because each time I think of doing it, it rains the next day or so.....

Couldn't put it off anymore..

Meguiar's M62 + TechWax2.0

Managed to stay ahead of the cloud burnoff this morning. Glad I had the garage for the wax.....

Now the wife wants her car done... Oh and it's supposed to rain again Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I always let my B trip roll all the way to 9999 for giggles n stuff.

The last 10k averaged 18.9mpg. This is in a 80/20 suburbia heavy environment.

I definitely did not purchase this to be green. Lolz

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Got SOA to provide a reimbursement to update my Navigation maps. 2013 vehicle, 2010 Q3 maps....

Tested out the Subaru Toolbox utility last week when determining what I needed.... No problems!

When trying today it wouldn't recognize my SD card. Wouldn't even let me buy a new SD card with maps on it.

Bonus, reinstalling the SD card back into the HU does nothing. nothing​

Looks like something got corrupted. Even though the desktop recognizes the card and files. 🤔🤔

Need to take another crack at it tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Went a few rounds with trying to update/fix the navigation maps. Determined the SD card was Fubar.... Contacted SOA with a list of multiple part numbers to determine if they would work with my HU. Most of the ones I gave them were for 2012-2013 Imprezas/Crosstreks & 2014 Forester.

They responded with advisement of HERE.com mailing me a new SD card with maps. I'll have to see if it is loaded, or have to DL them from the site. As I received a conflicting e-mail from the HERE.com reps... Supposed to be here tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
On a positive note, I fixed the camber on the Driver Front wheel. Apparently its been rocking positive camber for way too long. Unsure on the true measurement, but it now matches the other four corners via the ghetto DIY method.

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Been looking for gauges again. Really just want a BOOST gauge but my wandering eye keeps spying the multi gauge package. (Wish the instrument cluster had this item below, I'd be happier...) Mainly due to the `14+ getting a proper set of gauges to show BOOST and what not...

I ran across this beauty. That entry fee though is ridiculous. $400 ? :surprise:
P3 has been around for years.... Darn those pretty shiny things. :laugh:

WRX STI - P3 Vent Gauge - P3 Cars

And then AEM has their multi OBD2 - one cable gauge for ~$147.41. (Jegs.com - free shipping) Can't buy it direct. :|

But would require a gauge pod.

X-Series OBD2 Digital Datastream Gauge | AEM

Then there's Random company #99 . - $250 not including a gauge pod.

Aeroforce Technology Inc | Products - Interceptor Subaru Order

Scangauge.com has been around forever, but $160 these days... I remember when it was only $80. Should have bought then, lol At least there is a second mounting port for the cable now.

And then Ultra-gauge.com. $80-90 But the cable is hard wired into the casing which makes mounting option a little more thought involvement. Although they have optional mounting brackets for a nominal fee of course. :laugh:

UltraGauge EM Plus and MX Mounting Page

This commercial alone should knock it out of contention. :grin2: And the potential refresh rate varying from .5 - 2.2 seconds depending on how many items on the main screen.

https://youtu.be/sZGijMUytVs

Nearly forgot about the touch screen PLX gauge... $150

http://www.plxdevices.com/OBD-OBD2-OBDII-Touch-Screen-Multi-Gauge-p/897346002436.htm

·
Super Moderator
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Received and installed the Navigation SD Card from for 2016/2017 after mine original took a dump trying to use the Subaru ToolBox to update it from Q3 2010...

8Gb card versus 4Gb. A few new map display options.

Still doesn't have the new roads created 3+ years ago on file. =/

SOA stepped up and provided me a free one :rock::woohoo:

41 - 60 of 228 Posts