Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #201 (Edited)
Received a new to me x2 swaybars from @freezer16801

The *19mm tried to escape, but the 22mm Whiteline kept it from doing so. :wink2:

Well drats, the guy I bough this package from listed it as a 20mm RSB, but actually a 19mm. :| I already have the 19mm on the XT.

I was already planning on donating my 19mm to my brother and his wife, so at least I don't have to remove one...

Still got a good deal for both though.

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Setup supplies to polish driver's headlight this morning before feeding the minions.

Got distracted.

Ended up washing/spray waxing whole car instead.

Once I put away car wash stuff. I spotted the headlight polishing stuff.

Whoops.

Probably will let the car get dirty before taking care of the light.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Installed FSB today. Prempted with fixing broken wheel stud while trying to start the process...

1hr process took five... I am watching minions, so got slowed down a tad. But still...

Broken stud, initial backwards installation, two bolts on crossmenber support plate not wanting to hold more than 80% torque values... (I torque incrementally)

Quick spin around neighborhood, all is quiet.

Except for rear hatch that squeaks over bumps. :|

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Picked up a rock chip just out of my line of sight while driving... Its high enough it may not bug me, but with it on my side of the rear view mirror. It most likely will. :(

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Mmmmmmm Rear hatch squeak... Gotta love going over off camber speed bumps, drainage gutters, or any other item to give the chassis a little twist produces a godly annoying squeak.

From the current primitive search engine we now have.... I've determined it is the latch mechnism on the hatch side. I can see where it is rubbing more off the center-line.

Now to find the 20 minutes, plus another 20 minutes. (1st attempt with choice words, 2nd attempt after reading more manuals) To realign it again.

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Snagged a nail in the Driver Rear tire the other day.... It was perfect timing as the rotation/balance was due... And I lucked out as the nail was in the tread block and was a shorty for roofing shingles. It didn't penetrate.

Sad news, is the front left tire is feathering = bad alignment from the stealership.

Looks like I'll be trekking to West End Alignment in Gardena..... Kinda far, but they know their stuff....

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Swapped in new Whiteline W0406-22G FSB bushings to replace the harder than a hockey puck old style material. Still grease-less, yay. Able to replace them with all four wheels on the ground, also yay.

I meant to swap them out when installing the new-to-me bar.
, on Flickr

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Took the family to stand in the desert for 90 minutes to watch this roll by in 90 seconds.....

Then washed/spray waxed the XT to get ready for Subiefest tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
After a weekend of driving around LA/OC/San Bernardino's greater area.... saw a number I haven't seen in a long time... 289.5 Probably could have squeezed out an even 300, but timeline with Costco gas station ($4.19) wouldn't have worked out later in the day.

Second click.... and 13.528 gallons later... A measly 21.4 mpg was harnessed.

We took the wifes `16 Impreza to San Diego last weekend.... And the 36.5 mpg average had me in disbelief. This 4eat transmission is a disadvantage. I never understood why Subaru never put the 5eat into it.

, on Flickr

·
Registered
2009 FXT Limited
1,939 Posts
Bottom line, that's it. The accountants ruin every good car that designers tease us with, and the engineers create the best mashup of both extremes that the executives are willing to put their huge paychecks on the line for based on the marketers distillation of the cross section of potential buyers..

·
Registered
2013 F-XT 4eat
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
@GTEASER , I've long ago accepted the dismal GPH the XT uses. The lack of one more gear gives me something to complain about. lol That and a squeaky rear hatch going over angled bumps.

I'm still a little bitter then Levorg/Grovel never made it to the NA roads..... Mostly likely for all the reasons you stated too.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts