Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to introduce myself. I purchased a '20 Premium. I am a camper, kayaker, festival junkie, road warrier.

I purchased this car because I can sleep in the back. I have had it a week and I made a side awning and blackout shades for the interior windows. My SUV tent fits on the back. I am making a piece of wood to hang from the front seat headrests to extend the sleeping space. I figured out how to bypass those super annoying lights on the mirrors and trick my tailgate with a carabiner into thinking it's closed when it's open. This is by far the most complicated vehicle I have ever owned...it's smarter than me!

I had a Honda Element and was active in that online community (until it died) and modified the heck out of it. I'll be searching through this forum looking for ideas.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
651 Posts
Welcome to the Foz world... Yes, the Foz and the Element are very different beasts...

For car-camping, you can get a complete set from Luno Life - form fitted inflatable mattresses with inflatable "blocks" to fill the floor space behind the front seats.

I've got a lot of pals on instagram that do a lot of car camping and have made a load of updates/upgrades to the back for storage and sleeping and more... wooden platforms with storage and hook ups and the rest.

Depending on where you are, there's a world-wide group (MTN ROO) that focuses more on the off-road aspects of the Foz and a very social group with camp outs, trail rides and other gatherings (pre-covid, of course)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts