Attached 3 PDFs for ya

(Third time lucky)

Headlight bulbs are: D2R 35W/60W (HID)
The fogs might be H3 but not 100% sure

Attachments

Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
Discussion Starter #82
馃槶 thought it might be that complicated!

What a pain! Doubley so being away from home and therefore away from tools and grubby clothes... (well, more grubby clothes 馃槕)

Thanks again!

I still haven't sorted the window motor, hope yours resurrects itself.. My list is mounting at this rate!!!

Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
With the water ingress mentioned, hopefully it is just a bulb issue and not a ballast issue (Sits directly below the headlight to get a good soaking but usually quite well sealed) If it happens to be a ballast, aftermarket are by far the cheapest if you don't mind siting it somewhere else in the engine bay.

With HID basically using an Arc, I'm not sure how you could go about testing the bulb or ballast to see which is at fault. - Maybe swap the bulbs with the working side to rule out the problem?

Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
Discussion Starter #84
Yeh, I've seen that mentioned!! Actually! I MAY have a spare bulb lurking in the boot somewhere, I could try that and see what happens.. I mean it's no guarantees as I'm not sure if it works.. but I'll have to sort out that water ingress as I hear it just keeps killing bulbs!

I guess I should prob disconnect the battery or maybe pull the fuse to avoid electrocution! (Lots of warning signs!)

Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
Discussion Starter #85
Does anyone know what I need to know before I d/c the battery?

I don't want to come back and find I have to enter a code that doesn't work etc etc

Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
Discussion Starter #88
Ah brill, thanks guys. If this weather ever gives me/everyone a break I'll see what I can do!

Wish I had a garage to work in.. don't have one at home and the in laws is full of...."stuff".. freezer, sofa etc 馃檲

Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
Discussion Starter #90
Managed to get the shnozz into the inlaws garage to keep out of the rain. Whipped the battery out, new bulb in, battery back in, connected up.

Aaaaaaaaaand.....

..still blind in the nearside eye 馃槕

So, job for back home I guess.

Saw a video online of a guy who used a hairdryer to dry out the ballast and that worked... I'll see how it all goes when I get a chance.. but not too thrilled... :(

81 - 90 of 90 Posts